Gday all,

I have been undertaking some very slow renovations to my place of residence. One of these involved replacing all the doors in the house - about 10. I got a supposed qualified carpenter to do the work after getting three quotes and confirming he had good references. He came after 2 cancelled visits, on the 3th visit with his son to do the work that they said would take 2 days and rushed through the job with blunt chisels and poorly hung doors. They didnt cut down the doors properly and they were sticking immediately a few days after. The workmanship was appaling. After getting him back out 3 times there is still one door which sticks.

Anyway after all that I am after a recommendation for someone trustworthy and high quality to come and repair the one sticking door, and patch up the poorly chiseled out areas, paint the doors and paint skirtings. Should I break this up into separate trades e.g carpenter/painter or is this something that a general handyman could take care of?

If anyone can recommend a trustworthy carpenter/painter or general handyman for this, I would greatly appreciate it. I am located in St Helens Park, Campbelltown NSW.

I have been putting this off for months as I have been wanting to do myself but just havent got the time in between work and our 2 babies.

Thank you all
Jaime

Read and reply to the full thread at RenovateForum.com....