Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Recommendation for Top Quality Aluminium Doors and Awnings

Hi Guys,

We are currently in the process of designing our new home and would like to find out about quality door and window manufacturers in Victoria.

Our new home will be modern/contemporary and we like the look of 'heavy' aluminium doors/windows. I am not refering to 100mm x 50mm aluminium sections used for shopfronts but instead the stuff specified by architects.

So far I've only looked at Rylock and Trend (including their Quantum range).

Do you have any tips and recommendations on what to look our for?

I realise heavy duty doors and windows won't be cheap.

Thanks in anticipation,

Rich

You could look for a brand called Wintec. Look here

Thumbs up

Rich, Try Dargavel Windows on (03) 64422323, don't know what suburb they're in but I have not long finished installing awning type double glazed windows in our house and they are very good quality and reasonably priced, I purchased them through an agent here in Hobart so I haven't been to their factory but have had no trouble and they made them up to the sizes I required with no hassels.
    Wayne

Hi.

We are currently having a house built and installing the Vantage "Magnum" range of windows, and also Vantage exterior doors, including a large triple bifold. These are very impressive products and worth a look.

www.vantagealuminium.com.au

No association with this company - just a customer.

Ken

FWIW, I've used FCG windows in Thomastown, VIC and their stuff was quite ok and the price was the cheapest I could find. I didn't use any "heavy" frames though - but you probably only want fancy windows for the front facade of your home.

Hi Rich. Yes 'the recent extension' appears again - a very handy reference point in terms of talking about recent experiences. We used a local Bendigo mob for the doors and windows - they basically use Boral glass and make their own heavy aluminium frames etc. Very happy with all their work. I suggest you look very carefully at the type of glass you put in though - do an aussie google on glass and glazing. There are huge differences between tinted types,colours, thicknesses of glazing, etc - it is a science in itself!

We opted for a grey tint in 6mm glass mostly so it will reduce the summer heat entry, and it looked good with our black frames. So far, with a couple of warm days, it appears to be very effective in keeping heat OUT. But we suffered in winter (before we could afford window coverings) - as tinted glass is is NOT good at keeping heat IN! Which is why good double glazing has clear glass (which is better at retaining heat) on one side and tinted on the other. If you are not double glazing, you may need to decide if you want to keep heat in - or out - as you are unlikely to find a single glazed solution that will do both.

Hope you can find a good supplier.
    Jeff
    Life is just a leap of faith
    Spread your arms and hold your breath
    And always trust your cape

'Low-E' glass could be worth looking at
    Peter Clarkson

www.ausdesign.com.au

This information is intended to provide general information only.
    It does not purport to be a comprehensive advice.