Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Surely we can't be so pathetic that we can't write those words (no point writing them) without someone being offended. We used to see those words relatively frequently on the board with no ill effect. Or are our illustrious overseers being a little overboard with the censorship?

I understand censoring the F and C words and several others but I think we might be getting a little limp wristed of late. I have seen far more offensive things on the board without any swearing. :eek:

Dan

Is this where I get zapped by lightning bolts?
    Is there anything easier done than said?
    - Stacky. The bottom pub, Cobram.

The auto censor kicks in on some words.

Who programs the autocensor?

It was obvious that it was updated, following the '********' thread below.

Alastair

The Bossnot I

There are ways around autocensors, by putting 1's where the I's would be etc. These words are the one's being altered by the powers. What I'm asking is.. Is there a reason for the change in how strict we are, or are we just censoring because we can?

Dan

Gees! Why is everybody intent on trying to beat the system?

Can't you express an idea without having to stoop to gutter talk?

And before anyone calls me a prude or old fuddy-duddy, I can probably be cruder than all of you. I choose not to be on this board.

Out with the boys is okay but at a public meeting would you speak like this?

This is a public forum read by thousands a week. not a closed shop, treat it as such.

We do not censor for the sake of censoring. It is done in the name of decency and some sort of decorum which if I remember rightly was the subject of why modern kids have no respect or manners.

Maybe they follow their parents example?

I'm not referring to the use of expletives just for the sake of it. Sometimes (only sometimes) the use of minor swearing can greatly reinforce the point you are trying to make. It should always be in context and never over the top. If you check my past posts you will find that I live by this theme. I have rarely been edited and once had a post deleted that contained no swearing.

Please don't take what I say as disputing yours and Shane's right to wave the wand as the Mods/Admin's of the Board. A far as I'm concerned it's Neils board and we all use it gratefully for free. He makes the rules (as is his right) and he has seen fit to delegate the responsibility to you guys. You uphold his rules and do a stirling job (if thankless). I was just wondering about the change in attitude. I'm not asking you to justify yourself or anything you do.

For the record , Shane and most of all Neil (and Stuart Lees if you use the Orange Forum) THANKS for your time and effort, it is GREATLY appreciated.

Dan

P.S. If you want me to atone, I can sacrifice a virgin or something.

Quote Originally Posted by DanP

I'm not referring to the use of expletives just for the sake of it. Sometimes (only sometimes) the use of minor swearing can greatly reinforce the point you are trying to make. It should always be in context and never over the top. If you check my past posts you will find that I live by this theme. I have rarely been edited and once had a post deleted that contained no swearing.

Please don't take what I say as disputing yours and Shane's right to wave the wand as the Mods/Admin's of the Board. A far as I'm concerned it's Neils board and we all use it gratefully for free. He makes the rules (as is his right) and he has seen fit to delegate the responsibility to you guys. You uphold his rules and do a stirling job (if thankless). I was just wondering about the change in attitude. I'm not asking you to justify yourself or anything you do.

For the record , Shane and most of all Neil (and Stuart Lees if you use the Orange Forum) THANKS for your time and effort, it is GREATLY appreciated.

Dan

P.S. If you want me to atone, I can sacrifice a virgin or something.
    Dan, I wasn't having a go at anyone in particular. I agree that sometimes minor swear words emphasize a point but unfortunately some seem to put them in willy nilly when there are none needed.

If you know a virgin, don't sacrifice her, send her my way.

Quote Originally Posted by
    If you know a virgin, don't sacrifice her, send her my way.
    Remminds me of a joke....

Do you know why Jesus wasn't born in Irland?

They couldn't find three wise men.

Do you know why Jesus wasn't born in England?

They coudn't find a virgin.

, if we have to have "total" censorship it is worth it just for the ideas and advice that flows on this board. I for one would not be able to butcher the fine wood I have into lumps of junks half as well if it were not for the help of those that frequent this board!!!!!!!!!!

I know u guys have thick skins and are able to put up with a lot of whining and crying, but now and then I reckon positive feedback goes a long way, so keep up the good work

The author of this message is fully aware of how much of a suck he sounds and doesnt care!!!!!!
    prove how bored u really are, ..... visit....... http://burlsburlsburls.freespaces.com/ my humble website