Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default G,day from Pt.Willunga SA

Hi found the site several months ago and was looking for some low cost dust extraction etc, I have worked most of my life as a carpenter and joiner and now
    teach wood trades in the tafe system in Adelaide (marleston and nourlunga campuses)
    have worked on some very beutiful homes in that 35 years and still like to work in wood
    but perhaps thats due to me being a 7th generation carpenter (what choice do you think i had at the commencment of my working life)

Thumbs up

G'day Bazz8 and welcome to the asylum.

Think of all the tradition and knowledge you have to draw on. Great stuphph!!

Welcome and enjoy!

Default thanks

thanks for your welcome

Welcome grand poobah of joinery... we need more of you around.. look forward to your ideas

cheers
    Paul

Nice to see you here Bazza, Welcome.
    Reality is no background music.
    Cheers John

welcome to another south aussie. Welcome aboard the mad house can't wait for yourr wisdom
    Regards Michael
    enjoy life we are only here a short time not a long time

Greetings bazz8

and welcome

from another south aussie.

Hi bazz8 welcome we need a few more south auzzie's here, marleston that brings up some memories did my trade as a cabinet maker there 30+ years ago

Thumbs up New member

G'day mates,
    My name is David Gomm, I am currently building a Michael storer designed PDRacer, so I'll mostly be on that sub forum, but I'm a bit of a DIY person, I have also scratch built radio control boats, and am a model railway enthusiast.
    I look forward to seeing what everyone else gets up to here, and what your interests are.

Oops !!, sorry I posted this here by mistake.
    Last edited by dhgomm; 5th April 2009 at 09:42 AM. Reason: Posted in wrong location by mistake

Default reply on Marleston

Quote Originally Posted by China View Post
    Hi bazz8 welcome we need a few more south auzzie's here, marleston that brings up some memories did my trade as a cabinet maker there 30+ years ago
    Has not changed much although no bricklayers here now it delivered last year 770,000 teaching hours, carpenters, cabinet makers ,Joiners,machining, vets 7 classes,prevocs 5 classesx2 6mnth duration,advanced studies,autocad ,light timber framing code,night classes cert111 1st,2nd,3rd year,fashion (one of the most hotly viewed areas!!)I was there in my apprenticship between 1970-1973 then did the advanced studies for 2 years at night which was building 1&2 drawing 1&2 ect, qualified as a draughtman but could earn more on the tools,when I started as a HPI my original lecturer Roger Parry was still here he has been teaching for 40 years a couple of other lecturers around 38 years
    sheesh i could not do that.
    A balancing comment to the often efficiency of tafe and how private providers can deliver teaching so much cheaper,the press and government often quote this as gospel without informing the public about the inforstructure costs of plant and equipment that has built up over 40 years still has to be maintained.
    Any provider who has to set up at todays prices would almost double the costs of plant etc,this is often conveniently left out,and the courses pursued by them are the ones with minimum plant requirement.(this is why on-site assessment is heavily canvessed)
    regards
    Bazz8

...7th generation, huh? Probably born with a silver skil-saw instead of a silver spoon

Welcome to the forums Bazz
    Cheers,
    Ed

Do something that is stupid and fun today, then run like hell !!!

Default silver spoon

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Reiss View Post
    ...7th generation, huh? Probably born with a silver skil-saw instead of a silver spoon

Welcome to the forums Bazz
    it,s a worry cause i still hav,nt got that silver spoon although i have a saw or two around the place,my father had me making beach bats and painting and selling them at around 10 or 11 years of age,sort of set me up for what was to come in handy when it was for real.
    thanks for the welcome since becomeing the grand poobah with a silver skil-saw this is getting intresting.

Hi Bazza:
    I am also looking at dust collection (and removal). Let us know what you decide to do and welcome to the site..

G'day Bazz8, dust extraction is a hot topic these days and you're sure to learn something new , i sure did.
    Just another 17 year old who can work the remote