Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Another New Member

Howdy Gents and Gentettes.
    I have only been signed in for a couple of weeks but have been keen to read how others are getting things done. After reading about Neil and his story one can only imagine the problems he has to face where the rest of us wouln't think twice. My hat lifts off to you Neil
    I won't bore you all with too many details of my some what dull life story....I grew up in the suburbs of Sydney but always had an urge to move out to the country and got that chance at 21 after doing a Carpentry trade, mainly on large commercial jobs.
    I moved to Tamworth and was self employed first then went onto wages and got into the Kitchen manufacturing field and did 16 years of that.
    My trade has always been my hobby and as you go along you inevidably aquire tools and more tools and then use them to do jobs other people may farm out.
    After getting married we managed to get a rural block out of town and was able to build "our Dream Home".But first we had to build a shed.Then the shed grew and after a few years it grew again until now it has a footprint of 80 sq metres and only has to house 2 cars and a WW II Jeep which has to be restored.
    Over the years of aquiring I have got into woodturning, metal turning, welding, metal fabrication, and even made a sheetmetal folder to make toolboxes and the like. I am now semi-retired and have time to allsorts of things in the shed ...but due to some medical problems can't get to go out there as long as I would like.
    I have a great regard for engineering of allsorts of things and get at great deal of enjoyment nutting out a problem and manufacturing somrthing to solve it.
    The frustration of not being able to do what I used to gets me down at times but if a man did have the sanctuary of his shed life would be harder to face

Kind regards to all Rod Chambers

Great introduction Rod ....welcome to the forums clubhouse
    Cheers,
    Ed

Do something that is stupid and fun today, then run like hell !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Reiss View Post
    Great introduction Rod ....welcome to the forums clubhouse
    Thaks Ed for the Welcome!!!!!!!!!
    Boy!! Its hard to get your head around that what I am bashing away here on this keyboard is being looked at half way round the world

Regards Rod

Welcome Rod, (From the other side of the world). Keep at it in that shed.
    IAMNOWHERE
    My memory's not as sharp as it used to be. Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Welcome Rod.
    Long story you had to tell, but you have now the status of being semi retired, so make the best out your new status. Nothing in a hurry from now on.
    Have fun.
    Ad

Thumbs up

G'day Rod and welcome to the funny farm.

Very interesting CV. A man of many interests and, no doubt, talents.

Quote Originally Posted by chambezio View Post
    Thaks Ed for the Welcome!!!!!!!!!
    Boy!! Its hard to get your head around that what I am bashing away here on this keyboard is being looked at half way round the world

Regards Rod
    ...yea, works better than a can and a string
    Cheers,
    Ed

Do something that is stupid and fun today, then run like hell !!!

Default Encouraging words

Quote Originally Posted by Ad de Crom View Post
    Welcome Rod.
    Long story you had to tell, but you have now the status of being semi retired, so make the best out your new status. Nothing in a hurry from now on.
    Have fun.
    Ad
    Thanks for those encouraging words. You don't know how much they have said! I appreciate it
    Regards Rod

Mate as the rest have said welcome aboard. The more the merrier.....
    Dave,
    hug the tree before you start the chainsaw.