Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default small lounge end tables

Here are some small tables I have made from sheoak and tassie blackwood. They mirror each other and are sized to fit perfectly at the end of each of our lounges.
    The design also mirrors a coffee table made from river red gum with a fantastic fiddleback top (I will post pictures of this soon)
    The sheok table top was made from five pieces so I was pretty lucky to get a reasonable match. The joinery was completed using dominos.
    I intend to make a third identical piece with tassie myrtle and then the lounge is full of tables.
    For a novice, I'm pretty pleased with the results although much of the credit must go to my woodwork teacher, Richard Vaughan who has passed on to me the necessary skills.

Paul

Nice!!!!
    Check my facebook:rhbtimber

They look fantastic mate!

Absolutely Stunning! I can't decide what is my favouite feature - the sheoak, the grain or the shape of the legs!

Excellent work, Paul. Really like the design

Tex

Very nice work, I love the fact you used she oak which is such an incredible timber but is usually always limited to pens and cigar boxes

Nice design. Well done.
    Bob

"If a man is after money, he's money mad; if he keeps it, he's a capitalist; if he spends it, he's a playboy; if he doesn't get it, he's a never-do-well; if he doesn't try to get it, he lacks ambition. If he gets it without working for it; he's a parasite; and if he accumulates it after a life time of hard work, people call him a fool who never got anything out of life."
    - Vic Oliver

Nice work Paul. Both came up well. I admire your perseverance with the sheaok. Nice looking timber, but can be hard and splintery, with lots of tear out.
    Visit my website
    Website
    Facebook