Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default I just witnessed a most amazing interview

The Today Show is on in the background and that right wing commentator Andrew Bolt was on saying 2009 would be the year global warming would be debunked as a myth. We should all trust our own skin that tells us it's no warmer than 10 years ago.
    I never had any time for the man before but, what do they say? Better to keep your mouth shut and have people think you're an idiot, than to open your mouth and leave no doubt.

Cheers
    Michael

Well Bolt is a fruitcake, but the global warming thing has been done to death on these forums and everywhere else online. Search is your friend.
    I'm just a startled bunny in the headlights of life. L.J. Young.
    We live in a free country. We have freedom of choice. You can choose to agree with me, or you can choose to be wrong.
    Wait! No one told you your government was a sitcom?

Quote Originally Posted by damian View Post
    Well Bolt is a fruitcake, but the global warming thing has been done to death on these forums and everywhere else online. Search is your friend.
    Yeah I know mate, I participated in some of those threads so I don't need to search for them. I was just making a comment about something I just saw.

Cheers
    Michael

Quote Originally Posted by mic-d View Post
    Yeah I know mate, I participated in some of those threads so I don't need to search for them. I was just making a comment about something I just saw.

Cheers
    Michael
    I heard a similarly mind boggling discussion on ABC radio (Brisbane) the other day. Some sports commentator or someone connected with the ABC in some way had a go at Glenn McGrath and the McGrath Foundation. His basic argument was that McGrath was such a surly, aggressive bowler that he (the commentator) had trouble coming to terms with the idea that he was now a benevolent fund raiser. That's my paraphrase of what he said, but I feel that it's pretty accurate. I could barely believe what I was hearing.

:shakeheadindisbelief: Mustn't be much news going on at the moment. The stations are trying to stir up something.
    anne-maria.
    T
    ea Lady

(White with none)
    Follow my little workshop/gallery on facebook. things of clay and wood.

Quote Originally Posted by tea lady View Post
    :shakeheadindisbelief: Mustn't be much news going on at the moment. The stations are trying to stir up something.
    Well if we have to search for something to talk about, how about Little Johnny sitting in a 166 room mansion as a guest of George, while the president elect of US and his family has to stay at a hotel? Seems the Columbian President and Tony Blair had enough grace to refuse George's invite.

A lot of Americans are furious about it. But Little Johnny always claimed "a special relationship". Heard one American commentator say, " Howard is unpopular in his own country, so perhaps he is a political refugee."

Jerry
    Every person takes the limit of their own vision for the limits of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by jerryc View Post
    Well if we have to search for something to talk about, how about Little Johnny sitting in a 166 room mansion as a guest of George, while the president elect of US and his family has to stay at a hotel? Seems the Columbian President and Tony Blair had enough grace to refuse George's invite.

A lot of Americans are furious about it. But Little Johnny always claimed "a special relationship". Heard one American commentator say, " Howard is unpopular in his own country, so perhaps he is a political refugee."

Jerry
    I thought Little Johnny was an intelligent man so I can't understand that "special" relationship, but he does have the grace and dignity of a hyena at a kill.

Cheers
    Michael

Global warming responsible for recent poor form of the Aussie cricket team??
    Whatever note you blow youre never more than a semitone away from the correct one....(Miles Davis)