Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Question Possible thread tool?

I was browsing another forum (not WW related, so I'm not straying from the fold ) when I noticed a handy utility in the Thread Tool drop-down: "Notify Friend"

What it does when selected is, opens a list of your "friends" (as set in your UserCP) to select recipient(s) and then a PM window with a link to the thread already added. You can then write a quick explanation such as "I thought you might've missed this but would be interested in it" et voila.

I'm not sure whether the other forum used VBulletin though... I should've checked.

Still, is there any chance that something like this could be added here? I know it can be done manually, but this'd be a handy shortcut...
    I may be weird, but I'm saving up to become eccentric.

- Andy Mc

Skew, can you PM me a link to the other forum and I'll have a squiz to see if we can do it.
    Cheers

DJ

ADMIN

DJ we already do have one go to "Quick Links" 3rd down is "Open Contacts Pop Up"

Quote Originally Posted by wheelinround View Post
    DJ we already do have one go to "Quick Links" 3rd down is "Open Contacts Pop Up"

Yes we do have that wheelin but I was actually querying this bit that I have bolded

Quote Originally Posted by Skew ChiDAMN!! View Post
    "Notify Friend"

and then a PM window with a link to the thread already added. You can then write a quick explanation such as "I thought you might've missed this but would be interested in it" et voila.
    Cheers

DJ

ADMIN

:b

It doesn't matter... I rechecked the forum and it's not VB.

Buggrit.
    I may be weird, but I'm saving up to become eccentric.

- Andy Mc

Possible it could be added though. There's a million hacks for the forums and vBulletin are always prepared top look at worthy enhancements, of which this seems to be one.

Cheers - Neil

PS actually thought we could do this but can't find it anywhere so guess I was wrong.
    KEEP A LID ON THE GARBAGE... Report spam, scams, and inappropriate posts, PMs and Blogs.
    Use the Report icon at the bottom of all Posts, PM's and Blog entries.

There's a forum for VBulletin itself, using Vbulletin of course: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/index.php
    Almost every capability, feature, version, options, etc. should be addressed there someplace, including possible or pending enhancements.

Joe
    Of course truth is stranger than fiction.
    Fiction has to make sense. - Mark Twain

Thanks Joe - Know all about them, there's actually quite a few. As mentioned above there may be a hack for this. Big problem with many hacks is that they fall over when the forum is updated. We almost lost the entire forum some months ago because of hacks and am very wary of putting more on till they are tried and true in the back room.

Cheers - Neil
    KEEP A LID ON THE GARBAGE... Report spam, scams, and inappropriate posts, PMs and Blogs.
    Use the Report icon at the bottom of all Posts, PM's and Blog entries.