Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Project 2 - Chest of Drawers

Following the request made for Project 1, I had to make something for the second granddaughter. This chest of drawers is the result. The timber is myrtle with African mahogany trim. The joinery used here is the same that used when making her a full size chest of drawers a couple of years ago.

The finish is Danish oil followed by EEE.
    Bob

"If a man is after money, he's money mad; if he keeps it, he's a capitalist; if he spends it, he's a playboy; if he doesn't get it, he's a never-do-well; if he doesn't try to get it, he lacks ambition. If he gets it without working for it; he's a parasite; and if he accumulates it after a life time of hard work, people call him a fool who never got anything out of life."
    - Vic Oliver

now thats what I'd call Small's draws or should that be Draws for your smalls.

Top work Bob again

Bet you get lots of chockies for Easter

Good work Bob.
    Visit my website at www.myFineWoodWork.com

amazing - that's excellent work you must have a great deal of patience.

Thanks MM. Grandkids give you a lot of patience.
    Bob

"If a man is after money, he's money mad; if he keeps it, he's a capitalist; if he spends it, he's a playboy; if he doesn't get it, he's a never-do-well; if he doesn't try to get it, he lacks ambition. If he gets it without working for it; he's a parasite; and if he accumulates it after a life time of hard work, people call him a fool who never got anything out of life."
    - Vic Oliver

Great job with the drawers Bob,

but it must be a bugger wielding around a glue bottle that big

woodcutta

If you think the bottle is big, you should see the brush.
    Bob

- Vic Oliver

Excellent work. Could you give us the dimensions please.
    Reality is no background music.
    Cheers John

Measurement taken from top in mm.

Width 310
    Depth 165
    Height 330
    Bob

- Vic Oliver

Default Chest of drawers

Excellent piece Bob - as always!

I like what you do Bob
    Cheers,

Howdya

Proudly supporting research into the therapeutic benefits of the Friday Thread

WOW Bob, that is even smaler than my cutlery canteen! It looks beautiful mate. Dont you find these things more of a challenge than making the full size thing? I do as they are much smaller it is difficult to get your hands in to sand various bits let alone trim anything. I do love a project like this though as it is very rewarding.

Thanks for the feedback.

Hi Mailee. These smaller items, like boxes, require a bit more attention. Not just because of their size, but because people hold them and look at them close up. Any faults are seen real close. Still a lot of fun though.
    Bob

- Vic Oliver