View Poll Results: Do you play Golf ?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Of course my good man! FORE!!!!!!! hehehe..

6 12.77%
  • Whats a golf course ???

22 46.81%
  • Sometimes, when SWMBO lets me...

3 6.38%
  • Rarely, I'm too busy/lousy/cheap

16 34.04%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Who plays Golf ? Poll.

Greetings all,

who plays golf - that is the question - is there are common thread between reducing wood to its component molecules and belting the bejezzus out of some compressed plastic into a hole over yonder ?
    Zed

Actually in my case it should be "who attempts to play golf"

Having worked for eleven years in a golf club and patiently listened to the whinging and moaning of golfers my opinion of this alledged "Noble Game" and some of its participants is so low that if I truly expressed myself I would be banned by Neil.

Therefore where is the option for " Abhor and detest golf".

Peter.

G'day.

In my case, I need a a button that says...

"Sometimes, when SWMBO organises it..."

I have a set of clubs & have had lessons &
    used to go to the driving range evey second night to
    bash a bucket of balls for therapy after fixing computers &
    dealing with computer customers but I moved & it is
    now a 1 hour round trip to the driving range so I
    rarely ever go.
    SWMBO has a social interest &, being the social secretary
    of the house, sometimes gets around to organising a
    golf day with friends.

I ticked the too busy/lazy button.
    Cliff.
    If you find a post of mine that is missing a pic that you'd like to see, let me know & I'll see if I can find a copy.

Playing golf is one way to spoil a good walk.

drive like a datsun 180b, putt like norman

actually 16 h/cap for me
    Brett

Only Robinson Crusoe could get everything done by Friday!

I must say - im very disappointed with the level of golfing here, I had thought that there was strong link between wood and greens but evidently not. tsk tsk.... ok another question - has anyone considered making some persimmon heads ? they after all, are wood...

I sorta agree with studee that golfers whinge and the "noble" stuff is just so much horseshit... come to think of it I was walking past one of those brass monstrosities called art in the park today and it was "opened" by some politician who's title is "your worship" .... I mean (on my soapbox here).... we are aussies right ? we dont use titles do we ? just because some lying politician managed to convince a bunch of people to vote for him does not make him an entity worth praying to right ?In fact he was probably the one on his knees during the election right ?

If I ever met betty 2 stroke I would not call her your highness I'd say "G'day Liz, nice to metcha... who's your renovator???".

your higness your worship, your magesty. you gotta be kidding right ? I bet none of them know how to use a bisquit joiner or sharpen a chisel... or even buy thier own groceries for that matter

Do it today! join the community of indignant normal people who refuse to kotow to pompous gits!

call your doctor "mate",

write a letter to your local pocket liner (politician) that starts with "listen here you",

publicly humiliate and ridicule people who sign thier name with DipEd or MBA etc....

Send your kid to a public school,

abuse in the street anyone with thier nose in the air or pontificates about the quality of schooling they recieved at "Kings",

hit "ruggers" dipshits with a lump of 4x2 and walk away with a contented air saying loudly "I love working with wood" .....
    torch the house of any nearby monarchists...

wankers the lot of 'em...

Zed

Beachport, South Oz, the best little town on the planet.

Zed, mate, that's all very well but why don't you tell us how youREALLY feel?

Zed, I can see that you are a kindred spirit. But instead of violent retribution, do what I do and look down your nose at them. They're so self obsessed they probably don't even know you're looking down your nose at them, and probably wouldn't care if they did. But do it anyway! It always makes me feel better. If you can manage a derisive sneer, that's all the better.

And while we're on the subject, my wife, who is a pretty keen golfer (11 handicap) often buys this magazine called Who Weekly. Now if that is not a catalogue of useless lives, I don't know what is. It's full of stories about actors and pop singers. Such and such has bought a new mansion, here are the latest pics of Kylie and her boyfriend, why J Lo and [insert name of latest toy boy here] will never last.

It should be called "WHO CARES??" These people are the scum of society. As role models, you couldn't find any worse. And yet they are put up on pedestals and worshipped by our children. These people can't even stay in a relationship for two minutes without nicking off for a quicky with some tart on a Greek island. My parents have been married for forty years. Forty years with the same person through thick and thin. Tough times and good, but always putting food on the table and clothes on our backs. Now that is something to aspire to.

And I'll bet none of them play golf, either.
    "I don't practice what I preach because I'm not the kind of person I'm preaching to."

Zed, Darren - keep taking the medication.

The doctor says I'm doing well and soon they'll let me eat with a knife and fork again.
    "I don't practice what I preach because I'm not the kind of person I'm preaching to."

wankers the lot of 'em...

Amen to that. Zed, even of others don't like your style I do.

Peter

I never said I didn't like his style.

I'm as fond of a good rant as the next man.

I'm touched. thank you for your support - Can I assume I have your vote in the upcoming elections ? If so, I have a bridge you may wish to buy.
    Zed