Default Framing Gun and Compressor Advice Needed

hi,
    looking to purchase a second hand framing gun and compressor. What are the min requirements for a compressor in order to be able to fire up to 90mm nails. Will 2.5HP and 40 litre be enough?
    Thanks
    greg

G'day Greg

I've got a GMC 2HP 30 litre compressor and a GMC framing gun, no problems getting 75mm nails into my 60 year old hardwood house. Dunno how it would go with 90mm though. Although, I think the HP rating only determines how quick you can fill the tank, and the tank capacity determines how many shots you can fire before the pressure switch kicks the motor in again.

I hope that helps a little.
    Cheers,
    Anthony

what your looking for in a compressor to run a framer is FAD "free air delivery" basicly how much air you can get down that hose of yours. what are you using 90mm nails on anyway? the smaller the compressor the harder it has to work

hi,
    thanks for the advice. From what ive gleaned from this site I only need to use 75mm nails for 90x45 MGP10 framing pine.

greg

If its just framing pine, yu'd prbably be fine with a GMC framer and a cheap Bunnings cmpressor. How much do you need to do?