Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default It's all Al's fault!!..

O.K. as promised a few months back and lack of time to post here due to a new direction in a hobby that I intend to intergrate into my woodwork, here is my first major work after 4 simple sun-catchers. It is entered into the Campbelltown Fishers Ghost Festival, much to my reluctance. But thanks again to the post's by Al (Ozwinner) I am enjoying this greatly. This is the form of lead-lighting called "Foiling", as used to make the Tiffany lamp shade's, as of next week I will be learning to do the older style and more traditional lead-light with the heavier lead. My first job will be the side light on the front door as I replaced the door last year with a nice lead-light.

Well here it is, I have called it "Tall Ship", I hope you like it and I also hope the picture turns out.
    savage(Eric)

Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Brilliant job Savage, shame Al doesn't hang around here anymore to see what he started
    Cheers

DJ

ADMIN

Thanks!...What happened to Al?....!!!
    savage(Eric)

Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Quote Originally Posted by savage View Post
    Thanks!...What happened to Al?....!!!
    He don't hang out here any more, but I will point him to this thread to let him know he started something

By the way, cool ship, good luck with the judges (where's the fingers crossed smilie)
    I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

My Other Toys

That is one nice panel!

Got any ideas of a final resting place for it after the show?
    I may be weird, but I'm saving up to become eccentric.

- Andy Mc

Nice to see you back Eric.

It's a nice piece of work admire lead lighting totally. Good luck at the exhibition.

Ray

I am not sure what to do with it yet, I might put it on ebay just to suss out the reaction I really don't know as yet.

G'Day ray, how ya been, as yo can see I've been busy, plus Physio 4 days a week plus all the normal chores And my daughter using my puter, Ive not had much time to myself.
    savage(Eric)

I am not sure what to do with it yet, I might put it on ebay just to suss out the reaction I really don't know as yet.

G'Day ray, how ya been, as yo can see I've been busy, plus Physio 4 days a week plus all the normal chores And my daughter using my puter, Ive not had much time to myself.
    PM Dingo he's into buying boats at least this one he could hang in the lounge room

Improving Eric slowly to damn slowly leg has healed but ankle is another matter. No its warmer I hope t get out to the gym again so might call in if its still ok.

What have you done to be getting physio 4 days a week.??

Hey Ray,
    Sure, pop in when you can. I have an old back injury and it is just getting worse over time, but the insurance co reckon I can just go out and get a job, (would love to) but in reality that's not how the world works. Hence the woodwork and lead-lighting. I hope to sell a few pieces now and then, I'll tell you all about it when we meet, you'll get a laugh.
    savage(Eric)

I have an old back injury and it is just getting worse over time, but the insurance co reckon I can just go out and get a job, (would love to) but in reality that's not how the world works.
    I know where you're coming from. I ended up having a back op, but it'll never be as good as it used to be.

It's a pity that we never grow any younger.

Looks great Savage, have you gotten the cutting down pat or do you grind to shape?
    The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.
    Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Tankstand View Post
    Looks great Savage, have you gotten the cutting down pat or do you grind to shape?
    Well it is a case of cutting as close as possible andgrozing the edges, then with a final grind to fit. Sounds like a quick thing to do but sometimes one piece can take a few hours to get it just right.
    savage(Eric)

Well, tonight was the judging of the arts and crafts in the Fishers Ghost Festival and guess what, I took out 1st place in the lead lighting section, all unexpected and a little embarrassing.
    savage(Eric)

Well Done! Don't be embarrased, it is a fine piece of craftsmanship!
    Have a nice day - Cheers

well deserved if you ask me
    Cheers

DJ

ADMIN