Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Bought some new planes

Just a quick post to say that I finally succumbed at the Sydney Show and bought not one but two Lie Nielsen Planes, a low angle block (60 1/2) and the 4 1/2. After honing a very small micro bevel on each and running them across a variety of timber including some very cranky myrtle, I can report that these planes are SWEET.
    Shep

Ah, go on Shep! you know you want to...... Post some pix!!

Congratulations on the LN planes
    Cheers

Major Panic

You can't go wrong with Lie Nielsen planes, a pleasure to look at, sweet in the hand and a true joy to use.

Heather

No argument that LN planes are good. I own one LN block plane, the non adjustable mouth version. However I have become a devotee of HTN planes and have three at present. A touch of linseed oil on the sole of the plane and the sheer joy of smooth wood on wood action is hard to beat, and they are scraper planes too. Two for the price of one.
    Not knocking your choice of tools. Great thing about woodworking is we all have our favourites.

Incidently I am no collector, for me any woodworking tool has to earn it's keep. The idea of just looking at a tool and never using it is surely against everything the maker intended.

jerryc