Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default dishwasher clearance

Hi all

Me again, a little question - what minimium height do I need from floor to bench for a dishwasher ?

Celeste

Quote Originally Posted by celeste View Post
    Hi all

Me again, a little question - what minimium height do I need from floor to bench for a dishwasher ?

Celeste
    All modern benches are 900mm tall, so the DWers are made for this height.

Al

Less the thickness of the benchtop of course - nominally 34mm...

Cheers guys!
    Kitchen Design Consultant

Custom and Flatpack Kitchens

Ah Celeste, my little Chickadee, have a dekko at this and all will be clear:

http://www.fisherpaykel.com.au/globa...4&section=spec
    Cheers,

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by ozwinner View Post

Al
    Hi Al

Yes they are but my problem is I am not using the adjustable legs and kick boards which are 160mm (IKEA cabinets). I am using a base frame of 120mm and then adding 19mm bamboo floor. Making the base the cabinets sit on only 100mm. the cabinets are 700mm = 800mm + bench 30mm

So, I need to work out wether I need to bunk up the base frames to allow for the dishwasher.

I am thinking I need another 50mm at least - I am thinking I need a bigger base?

In the old days the kick boards were 100mm - I wonder why they changed to 140 -160mm ? Does it make the cabinets cheaper to make

I am thinking I need a trip to bunnings

celeste

Quote Originally Posted by celeste View Post
    Hi Al

Yes they are but my problem is I am not using the adjustable legs and kick boards which are 160mm (IKEA cabinets). I am using a base frame of 120mm and then adding 19mm bamboo floor. Making the base the cabinets sit on only 100mm. the cabinets are 700mm = 800mm + bench 30mm

So, I need to work out wether I need to bunk up the base frames to allow for the dishwasher.

I am thinking I need another 50mm at least - I am thinking I need a bigger base?

In the old days the kick boards were 100mm - I wonder why they changed to 140 -160mm ? Does it make the cabinets cheaper to make

I am thinking I need a trip to bunnings

celeste

most dishwashers are 840mm high with adjustable feet to take them up to 870mm high ,in my own kitchen i made a platform up so that the washer would be flush with the doors beside and used a higher kickboard in the washer cavity to hide the platform
    kind regards
    tom armstrong
    www.kitcheninabox.com.au
    Flat Packed kitchens to the world

Smile not to sure

we had our kitchen installed and the floor was a bit out, the dishwasher just fits under the bench top with all the adjustment as the lowest point the trouble is, we now need to put some new flooring down so don't know how i am going to get round this one.thinking i can take the adjustable legs out and turn them down which would give me 10 mm or so but it's going to be tight, just wished i'd asked for higher bench tops.davo

Hi all

Thanks Guys

I thinked and thinked and I decided to ditch the 120mm (not really - put aside for another day) and nipped down to mitre 10 and purchased 2400 x 1200 x 16mm MDF then asked them to cut it into 1200 x 180 length $45.00, I pick them up tomorrow. Good thing, I've nearly finished putting all the cabinets together.

This will give me 180 + 700 - 20 = 860mm clearance under the bench. I will glue on some aliminium look laminate - excellant.

Photo's coming soon

Celeste

Celeste

who made/makes your diswasher?
    Miele's for example, are 817 to 870mm high (depending on how far the feet are extended)

nipped down to mitre 10 and purchased 2400 x 1200 x 16mm MDF then asked them to cut it into 1200 x 180 length $45.00, I pick them up tomorrow
    hope that MDF is moisture resistant

ian

Quote Originally Posted by ian View Post
    Celeste

who made/makes your diswasher? Mines LG. we had to take the top of it off to fit in the space, due to the plank on ply being 25mm
    Miele's for example, are 817 to 870mm high (depending on how far the feet are extended)

hope that MDF is moisture resistant - I did not think of that I will check.

ian
    I think it should be fine, it will be sitting on structure board, faced with laminex and the bamboo will cover 20mm of the bottom of it.

Celeste

Al

As a cabinetmaker, Ifind that this is usually about average but not for "ALL". If you were 7 feet tall, you'd want slightly higher benches but then one day someone else may own/live in your house and they might be 5 feet tall like my wife - do you compromise?

I'm going to make the bench that my sink is on between 800-850mm.

dishwasher clearance

Here I was hoping that dishwashers were going cheap.
    Photo Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Just George View Post
    As a cabinetmaker, Ifind that this is usually about average but not for "ALL". If you were 7 feet tall, you'd want slightly higher benches but then one day someone else may own/live in your house and they might be 5 feet tall like my wife - do you compromise?

this hieght will no doubt be sufficient for your situation at the moment but not acceptable to the bulk of home buyers in the future ,you will effectively cut at least 75 percent of the market out if you ever decide to sell up and move ,i am not criticizing you in any way shape or form but in my honest opinion the height is way to low by todays standards
    kind regards
    tom armstrong
    www.kitcheninabox.com.au
    Flat Packed kitchens to the world

Quote Originally Posted by Just George View Post

On a slope?

Al

On a slope?

Al

Al,
    he's a cabinetmaker, he built his cabinets straight, it's just that the bastard chippie who did the floor and subfloor got it all wrong.

Of course, the chippie blamed the mongrel bricklayer who built the piers without using a level of any kind.

Mick
    "If you need a machine today and don't buy it,

tomorrow you will have paid for it and not have it."

- Henry Ford 1938