Default Painting roof with a roller

The old roof painting thread re-visted. I recently hired an airless sprayer - one of the big jobs and was amazed at how much paint it put out in such a small amount of time. I used it to paint my patio plater ceiling (PITA)

That got me to thinking that it may be easier to paint my colorbond roof with a roller and do a bit here and there....My new patio roof (the on replaced in another thread) is now showing up the old roof.

Anyone got any experience with painting a colorbond roof this way?
    The roof is 20 years old and in pretty good nick. It needs a good clean first.

Don't have the coin for a pro to do it so that not an option.

It superdek/trimdek profile.......

Moonta Bay in the Copper Triangle, S. Australia

Spend a bit of money and get a really long aluminium roller handle of good quality. Then get the roller outfit that will fit into your profiles. Avoid sponge rubber types as they consume paint and get real heavy. Use wool.

I laid out for a corrugated roller, and it turned to be a paint sucker, very heavy and useless.

I will try to add to this comment with a picture of a "homemade gadget" to go with the above. I cut off a paint roller frame, drilled a hole onto the side of a paint brush and "gunged" it onto the cut-off handle at an angle. This allows me to do heaps painting and touch ups on eaves etc; from 25 feet down on the ground if necessary. It's a bit wierd to dip into the paint pot, but there are no ladders or scaffolding required for climbing to the eaves and roof. On the other hand, the roof can be covered without much walking over it done.

Must find it and enclose a picture tomorrow.
    Buzza.

"All those who believe in psycho kinesis . . . raise my hand".

Moonta Bay in the Copper Triangle, S. Australia

I've dug it out of the shed as it is in between jobs at the moment. We use this idea to clean off scale and cobwebs with an old brush first, and then we put on a good brush to paint the very high gables and eaves with from on the ground. It's a bit tricky at first, but a lot safer when your knees are getting old for ladders.

My aluminium pole is a triple extension and when closed up it's about 1.80 metres long. I amaze myself at the tricks I can do with this, and have saved a fortune on not getting a ladder to reach great heights.

Buzza.

"All those who believe in psycho kinesis . . . raise my hand".