Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Thread: PIR Wall Switch

Default PIR Wall Switch

Hi Guys

In the past I have seen a PIR wall light switch. I think HPM used to make one butI can't find it now?? Does anyone know where you can get these?

Basically it is a normal light switch but it has a PIR sensor in it so that it will turn the lights off if no one is in the room. I figure that when my son gets a bit older he will be as bad as I was when I was young with regards to turning the lights off!

Thanks.

Silent ... I got your reply on an e-mail but it deosn't appear on this thread and the link is invalid ... don't know what happended there??

Anyway ... the HPM version that I can't find now just had an adjustable off timer on it or you could override it through the same switch. Yes, if you sat still too long you would probably find the lights would go out but they don't take much movement so I think if you set the time for a resoable length you'd be fine.

The other place I though it would be good was in a bathroom ... so that if you stumple in in the middle of the night you don't have to fumble for the switch ... the lights would just come one.

I know you can do this by putting a seperate PIR in series with your switch and light ... but an integrated solution would be nicer.

Damn it ... I just found it again on the HPM site!

If there are any other manufacturers of this I'd still like to know. HPM call it an automatic light switch.

I might have deleted it by accident. Anything's possible on a Monday after a long weekend...

The only issue I can think of other than the lack of movement is the placement of the sensor. When they're used as a movement detector, they're usually up high so that the furniture doesn't mask parts of the room. If they're mounted at light switch height, you might have problems there. Just trying to think of reasons why they might have been discontinued.

Right, found it. Well, let us know how well they work...