Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Thumbs up My wife is bargain hunter

2 months ago she got a brand new LeapFrog LeapPad learning system for $5 from St Vincent. Apparently it is +$80 in the shop. It turned out to be Jasmin’s favourite X’mas present.

Yesterday she came back from K-mart with a LeapFrog globe. I looked at the sticker and OMG it said $250.

“How much is it, $100?” I asked.

“No, it is $2.50. They said it doesn’t work but maybe you can fix it.” she said

I unpacked it and found the battery insert was broken. Damn!!

So I went to the shed, found an AC Adapter and plugged it in. Bingo!

Did I tell you that she also bought a Chinese Wok for 50c?

I need to fix the broken handle of course.

A big thank to K-mart.
    Visit my website at www.myFineWoodWork.com

Does she give courses?

Actually my missus isn't too bad in that department.

According to her, these things can’t be taught.

My missus has also got the knack......picked up the ceramic tiles to do both kitchen and bathroom (walls and floor) AND grout for a massive $45. All first grade, all latest styles and colours.

BUT she's got one better........

Years ago she sweet talked some flustered salesman at Robot Trading to give her a Resellers Account! Have you seen their catalogue?

SF

I thought my wife was good at bargain hunting until I read this.
    Wongo, please provide address so that she can live with and observe for the next month.
    Les

I know a lady who says she has the parking gene.
    She is good.... if she is driving, there will be a park right outside the door of where you (she) is going, if she is in the car as a passenger, the park will be less than 3 spaces from the door.... she is damned good at it.
    Cliff.
    If you find a post of mine that is missing a pic that you'd like to see, let me know & I'll see if I can find a copy.

hey wongo
    my 5 year old daughter still plays with her leap frog pack they are great you can get attachments suit 8 year olds so its a good learning tool
    the lion king attachment is great and is elizabeths favourite at the moment
    greg

Farm boy,

Leap frog is really great for children. It encourages them to learn. I had a play with the LeapFrog globe yesterday. It tells you everything about a country. Time, population, music, distance, currency and everything.

Apparently, my wife found it in the reject section in K-mart. She took it to the counter and the manager asked her to make an offer. So she offered $2.5. Now that is a big call.

I thought I did well to get $3 off a CMT router bit.

yeah, mines a bargain hunter too........fun isn't it.....being dragged with 3 kids from Big W to K-mart to Woolies, to Coles......just to go back to Big W again because its $1.99 cheaper there.

Quote Originally Posted by apricotripper View Post
    yeah, mines a bargain hunter too........fun isn't it.....being dragged with 3 kids from Big W to K-mart to Woolies, to Coles......just to go back to Big W again because its $1.99 cheaper there.

meanwhile you've wasted $20 worth of fuel to save that $1.99

Quote Originally Posted by womble View Post
    meanwhile you've wasted $20 worth of fuel to save that $1.99
    yep... but there's no point arguing with her....

just have to swallow me pride....say 'yes dear' a lot....pick up the kids and follow her around the shops. ....And pretend to like it.

rrich Guest

Quote Originally Posted by apricotripper View Post
    being dragged with 3 kids from Big W to K-mart to Woolies, to Coles...... just to go back to Big W again because its $1.99 cheaper there.
    Mine would buy it at Big W and then go to the other places to see if it is any cheaper. Oh, PLUEEEEEZ!

Quote Originally Posted by Cliff Rogers View Post
    I know a lady who says she has the parking gene.
    She is good.... if she is driving, there will be a park right outside the door of where you (she) is going, if she is in the car as a passenger, the park will be less than 3 spaces from the door.... she is damned good at it.
    This is true. I went with my daughter to town the other day to see some people. It was apparently shopping day for the whole town because it was crowded! Lo and behold, as we approached the first office she was going to, a car pulled out in front of us right outside the door. ONE. Next we left there and pulled out into the traffic and the lights turned green just as we approached them. TWO. The same thing happened at the next TWO places we called at and the lights all turned green all the way home! I kid you not. I said, "Is this town run entirely for your benefit?" SWhe just grinned and said, "Pretty much!"

I just loooove finding bargains ... well perhaps that should read "creating" bargains! Had been eyeing off some double besser bricks at the local hardware shop for some weeks thinking they would be handy for a step, so went in and checked them out ... only 5 left, that should do the trick, so asked the sales guy "how much?". It appeared they were $8.95 each but not showing as stock on their computer .... ah ha! So I replied "if they were in the bargain bin for $1 each I'd take them off your hands" ... "ok" he said! Well, $5 went over the counter real quick and 5 bricks got loaded in the car just as quickly! Would never have paid $45 for that step in a pink fit!

Often pays to visit the 'reject' stand at the big dept stores sometimes, few years ago we picked up one of those Tigger and Elmo dancing things cheap because they were 'broken'.
    They just needed new batteries because they were on display on the shelf.
    Must be cheaper to write them off then put new battieries in them *shrug*
    Brett

Only Robinson Crusoe could get everything done by Friday!