Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Non-Existent Shed Story Part 2

Part One of the my Non-Existent Shed Story is here:
    http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com...ad.php?t=18212

Now for Part Two.

Two weeks before Christmas I have to confess that I threw a massive wobbly tantrum - a very major hissy fit . For once in his life, HWMBO actually took notice and finally we came up with a plan for me to get my shed. The money turns up and suddenly it's Christmas - everything is shut - Too Late!! HWMBO has a little snicker to himself.....

Tuesday, 2 January 2007
    Off we both go on a merry little jaunt off to start the round of the shed places.

Hmm, first one is shut , so is the second, the third and.... oh Bugger!!!

They're all closed till maybe next week!!!!

HWM-N-BO suddenly gets very kind and attentive and takes me out to lunch.... and then proceeds to tell all his friends how we went to order my shed and the places were all closed.

Sigh, maybe I'll have an update for you all next week

cheers
    Wendy

Darn what a bugger that no ones open, but at least you are getting one now
    Cheers

DJ

ADMIN

Work a bit harder on im and get a deluxe shed Wendy
    Regards, Bob Thomas

www.wombatsawmill.com

It'll be deluxe all right, 'specially when I get through with it gonna go all out and get them to do the concreting and roof insulation and building and and all that sorta stuff

Then I'll get busy with the electrician and the insulation and the new jarrah/silver ash dovetail workbench an' a ...a... and ... um... a sink that I hope to eventually hook up to a tank and, an' a .. and.....

Whoo Yeah! Wendy's getting a she-eed

don't forget the goodies that go inside the shed
    Regards, Bob Thomas

www.wombatsawmill.com

I Know how you feel.
    Got a tennis court up the back waiting for a shed to go on it. Concreter has boxed, dug pier holes & laid blue metal. I've been admiring it for 3 weeks now. Concreter is having problems sourcing interesting aggregate for the mix - slab was meant to go down late December. all the tradies around here are back on Jan 8.
    Hmmmm
    Patience is a virtue, they say.
    Last edited by Border boy; 4th January 2007 at 12:06 AM. Reason: added info

Quote Originally Posted by rufflyrustic View Post
    It'll be deluxe all right, 'specially when I get through with it gonna go all out and get them to do the concreting and roof insulation and building and and all that sorta stuff

Great news Wendy

What dimensions will this new woodworking palace be?

Give us the ins and the outs

Joel
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car.

WOW Wendy!

What a great bit of news!

Now when't the shed christening? We're going to have to wet it's head after all!

P

Border Boy - 3 weeks - what a way to learn patience I've been trying to learn patience for about 4 years now and it still isn't happening

I'm going for a 6m by 4m shed 2.4m high at the edge but that will be ok as it's all going to be insulated, most likely a roller door in the gable end, a couple of windows and a personal door. HWMNBO has put his foot down and insists on a decent shed not a cheap and cheerful - who am I to argue with such good sense

Once the council approval is all sorted, the roller door will most likely be removed and replaced with windows and a door just a little less in width than his mini. No cars in my shed!!!!!!!!

Am not sure about power and lighting yet. I was thinking I might move in and get the feel for it before having the power points and lighting installed - of course I've been avidly reading everyone else's shed and WIPShed posts - great ideas there.

BM - there will most definitely be a shed-christening planned, most definitely

Goodies for the shed - I've got a rolling magazine rack to turn into wall shelving and the base can be used for a clamp rack. There's a silky oak notice board that will make a great plane shelf for the wall. The saw till will be going up there as well. I'll most likely need to build something to house the chisels I have too. If there's enough dosh left over, I'll be considering a table saw, jointer, sanding station, bandsaw, drill press, ... you know how it is - oh and timber storage will also be one of the first things to happen - yep, gonna be busy but gonna be so very happy

Hi Wendy

Try this number 1800 672 766 I think they are open and can deliver it to Toowoomba.

Thanks Barry!

Looks like you need to start scrounging cheap ply, chipboard or mdf for wall linings. (paint the backs of the sheets before you put them up)
    Regards, Bob Thomas

www.wombatsawmill.com

[quote=rufflyrustic;437185]
    Border Boy - 3 weeks - what a way to learn patience I've been trying to learn patience for about 4 years now and it still isn't happening
    Hi Wendy,
    My sheds been in the planning stage for a few years as well. Bit the bullet a couple of months ago - learned about patience.
    You"ll love your new work/creative space, I know I will
    I'm Looking toward the fun bit, setting everything up.

Hey Bob, I've searched forums & done a bit of research on lining material, plasterboard seems the cheapest way to go. Probably not ideal for a workshop but still cheap @ less than $10 per square metre(if you diy).

Cheers!!
    Last edited by Border boy; 5th January 2007 at 07:38 PM. Reason: added info

Quote Originally Posted by rufflyrustic View Post
    Whoo Yeah! Wendy's getting a she-eed
    G'day Ruffly,

Woohoo!

Have I made my point?

And Ruffly, the most im portant bit, give us lots of pawn, I love shed pawn.
    I make things, I just take a long time.

www.brandhouse.net.au

Wendy

Think about puting the rolla door on the side of the shed and a glass sliding door at the gable end.

This is what I did and if gave me the flexability of being able to move larger projects in and out as well as increasing the air flow and natural light when (not if) required.

A whirlybird in the roof also helped the airflow and cooling.

I know these add to the cost but it is cheaper to get it right the first time.

Ross