Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Question for sparkies

I'm trying to install a ducted three phase air conditioner. It's been a saga, with a series of tradies agreeing to do the work and just not turning up. The building boom here in SE QLD is the cause of this rudeness, but it's still annoying.

So I'm running the wiring for the AC, and then a local and very busy sparkie comes in to wire it. When I installed the inside unit above the ceiling the Fridgie suggested I move it to a more central place. Unfortunately I cut the three core flex that I fed to it. My question is, is it OK to join the cable from the outside unit to the inside unit with a junction box in the ceiling?

To answer a question with a question....is the junction box going to readily accessible at a later date for inspection/fault finding?

Essentially, the general rule is connections should be accessible (at the back of the fitting or through a junction box that can be reached).

This is not to say that its not done though :mad:

I'd think that if you are having an electrician to connect to the board he would want to inspect that termination/connection.

Talking

Thanks Spartan. Would you believe, when I unrolled the cable it actually reached the inside unit anyway so I don't need to join it. This maintains a strong tradition with me of not being able to measure anything by eye. I'm the world's worst.

Thanks for your reply. The sparkie I use is meticulous and does everthing by the book. I just run wires out and he comes in and connects them. I was just trying to find out if I had to go and buy some more cable.

Thanks for your time.