Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
    South Oz, the big smokey bit in the middle

Default Floyd Landis - cheat

Floyd Landis, winner of the Tour de France has returned a positive dope test. Remember the big comeback after he cracked in the Alps? Yup, the bastard cheated. Tested positive for testosterone. Mind you, only his A sample has been tested at this stage, and he claims it's all a horrid mistake and the reading was caused by him drinking a beer the night before ... yeah, right.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/othe...ng/5221122.stm

Richard
    I love cycling, don't like cheats

imagine that, cheating cyclists... I'da never guessed. absolute pillars of society competitive cyclysts...
    Zed

Drop Bear Capital of Gippsland (Lang Lang) Vic Australia

Does this mean if I drink more beer I can look like Arni?????
    I wish
    Stupidity kills. Absolute stupidity kills absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by Daddles
    Tested positive for testosterone.
    I'm a bit confused. Don't all males (and Amelie Mauresmo) produce testosterone ?
    If at first you don't succeed, give something else a go. Life is far too short to waste time trying.

Set up. He was tested twice during the race and was clean, then all of a sudden after 5 days he has shown to have taken testosterone which isnt a "quick" performance enhancer. Sounds suss

SBS's caller (top in the world) thinks that it's suss too. The body is capable of producing a surge of natural testosterone (happens to us when we see a gorgeous receptionist, and forget who we came to see) and this could well have been the cause. B sample will show the same. I do not think that there would be a more corrupt, self serving all for one and sod the rest mone-grabbing sell your soul to the highest bidder sport than cycling. No-one will ever know.
    The only way to get rid of a [Domino] temptation is to yield to it. Oscar Wilde

.....so go4it people!

Quote Originally Posted by TassieKiwi
    The body is capable of producing a surge of natural testosterone (happens to us when we see a gorgeous Domino and forget who we came to see)
    Totaly agree 100%. It hapend to me big time

Also why was it stage 17? That was easly the greatest performance by a rider in the tours history and apears to be the "easy" target. I doubt he would be stupid enough to pop something the night before or the morning of the race. If it is suss then the B sample will also be possitive. I know cycling is rife with drugs, but some how ill give this bloke the benifit of the doubt.

:d
    The only way to get rid of a [Domino] temptation is to yield to it. Oscar Wilde

.....so go4it people!

So who'll be the winner if he's booted?

HH.
    Always look on the bright side...

the Spaniard Oscar something, cant remember his last name but he came second in the general clasification, so id assume it would be him

Thought he might be french hence the conspiracy, although I'd guess the frogs are sick of it being won by the Yanks so even a Spaniard would be better.

HH.
    Always look on the bright side...

Cycling? Who cares? All a pack of bum-sniffers if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Jones
    Cycling? Who cares? All a pack of bum-sniffers if you ask me.
    Now I'd say Eddie's a bloke who's never slipped on lycra under his footy shorts eh? Otherwise he'd know there's nothing like the aroma of a warm bicycle seat! :eek:

On the other hand, I can't find anything which indicates that testosterone can give any short term gain whatsoever. I did see an article which made reference to the 1908 race where many riders ate bulls testicles in an effort to up their levels of it though.

Why are these buggers announced guilty after one test result is known, and before the full facts?

Landis said in the SBS interview, that it's bigger than winning, and even if he can prove himself innocent, the publicity will stick!

I'm happy to say that there's no drug testing yet in tiddlywinks, so I shall keep playing whilst full of Old Gold Chocolate, and no one will know any better!

cheers,

P