Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Horse Victim, Before and After

My wife got a horse in January this year. Taj, the horse was in pretty bad condition when we got him. 6 months of love and care and this is the result.

Before:

After 1:

After 2:

Me & Taj

Hard to believe it's the same horse.

Chris
    Photo Gallery

Good stuff
    Cheers,
    Clinton

"Use your third eye" - Watson

http://www.flickr.com/photos/clinton_findlay/

Grunt,

you

have

every

right

to

be

proud

of

what

yer

done.

A bit of loving care
    and yer can get a lot of extra hamburgers
    Regards, Bob Thomas

www.wombatsawmill.com

Got to get me dog food from somewhere.
    Photo Gallery

When the family moved onto a cattle station in Central Queensland we came across a horse locked into the cattle yards (actually in the crush) near the homestead.
    It had been left in there with no food - the horse had even stripped off the bark from the rails trying to get food.
    The mongrel that locked it in there (to teach it a lesson!) had been taking it water. The horse had to be shot, it could not stand on its own and was a complete wreck.

I'll catch up with that fellow one day.
    Cheers,
    Clinton

"Use your third eye" - Watson

http://www.flickr.com/photos/clinton_findlay/

Grunt

Amazing what a feed and a bit of TLC will do (plus the vet, worming, vitamins, currying etc etc., yeah I know)

Well done!
    Bodgy
    "Is it not enough simply to be able to appreciate the beauty of the garden without it being necessary to believe that there are faeries at the bottom of it? " Douglas Adams

Everyone please understand that I have had nothing (well almost nothing) to with the recovery of this horse. It's all been my lovely wife Margo.

I am the horse victim in this story. Ask Iain, he will understand.

Also, 1 horse is not enough.
    Photo Gallery

Old saying

"Never go out with a chick who is into horses. They're a different breed"

Cheers.....................Sean

The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Quote Originally Posted by scooter
    Old saying

"Never go out with a chick who is into horses. They're a different breed"

Cheers.....................Sean
    Where was that advice when I needed it!!??

Cheers
    Michael

good grunt, theres a gooooood boy.... woof.!

Zed

Friend took one in from the knackers yard, within a year she was rode him in the Gary Owen.

Sister in laws love of horses rules the family lol, had to move just to support the horses life styles.

I might think of changing for the right filly? lol

Drop Bear Capital of Gippsland (Lang Lang) Vic Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Grunt
    I am the horse victim in this story. Ask Iain, he will understand.

Also, 1 horse is not enough.
    One horse would be enough, however, 1 wife=1 horse....youngest daughter=2 ponies...eldest daughter=3 horses.
    Add to this my Landcruiser (I get to use it on occassion) huge horse float, hay cut every year plus supplementary feed, vets, farriers etc etc.
    One saddle per horse? absolutely not, need one for different styles of event.
    Bit like wanting to own a Triton I suppose, be nice if you could get an orange saddle.
    And how much for a saddle? Horseland have them for about $200.00, but not our lot, all around $800-$3000 each.
    I go out and buy a bottle of single malt and then told not to waste my money:mad:
    Nice job by the way, a couple of ours had a start like that, funnily enough the thoroughbreds go a bit boney in the winter and there is not a lot you can do about it, just a TB thing.
    They are pretty resilient though and can survive on very little for a while, with ponies you have to starve them sometimes as the buggers will just gorge themselves and wind up looking like a hot air balloon.
    And watching the older girls at pony club with the new boyfriend in tow, they drool all over someones new horse and the boyfriend (who's intentions are purely carnal) are trying to maintain a degree of interest
    Stupidity kills. Absolute stupidity kills absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by Iain
    One horse would be enough, however, 1 wife=1 horse....youngest daughter=2 ponies...eldest daughter=3 horses.
    Add to this my Landcruiser (I get to use it on occassion) huge horse float, hay cut every year plus supplementary feed, vets, farriers etc etc.
    One saddle per horse? absolutely not, need one for different styles of event.
    Bit like wanting to own a Triton I suppose, be nice if you could get an orange saddle.
    And how much for a saddle? Horseland have them for about $200.00, but not our lot, all around $800-$3000 each.
    I go out and buy a bottle of single malt and then told not to waste my money:mad:
    Nice job by the way, a couple of ours had a start like that, funnily enough the thoroughbreds go a bit boney in the winter and there is not a lot you can do about it, just a TB thing.
    They are pretty resilient though and can survive on very little for a while, with ponies you have to starve them sometimes as the buggers will just gorge themselves and wind up looking like a hot air balloon.
    And watching the older girls at pony club with the new boyfriend in tow, they drool all over someones new horse and the boyfriend (who's intentions are purely carnal) are trying to maintain a degree of interest
    I'm hearing you! Every other week their seems to be a new package at the door. If it's not new rugs, it's some expensive supplement or herbs. Then there's the bills for the horse chiropracter, horse massause, hi-tech plastic shoes etc etc etc. Every morning is a 5:30 or 6am start, most weekends I am a horse widow while she does something horsey, plus she's the agistment manager and chief instructor at the local pony club and she of course gets to deal with a few of the assinine parents who want to do things "their way" Ah well, I shouldn't complain, she does fund it herself.

rant over !
    Cheers
    Michael

Hello Grunt,
    The horse looks in great nick now.Good work.Is he just going to be used as a riding hack or is he going to do a job for you?In our area (Riverina)alot of the horses that are turned out in the winter come back in fairly poor condition but they soon pick up in the spring.It seems that alot of the fellows here have similiar interests.I also had horses up until about five or six years ago which we kept on my brother's farm and I certainly miss the riding part if not the chores and upkeeps etc.There are alot of handy horsemen still about here and a fellow who has just finished working for my brother as a stockman won the Man from Snowy River competition twice.Does anyone else here share my other main interests of boxing and rugby league?
    Regards
    Terry

Quote Originally Posted by Terry1
    Hello Grunt,
    Does anyone else here share my other main interests of boxing and rugby league?
    Same thing arn't they?