Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Thread: Bloody Cats!

Default Bloody Cats!

Can anyone tell me why my neighbours cat should be allowed to wander where it wants? If I parked my car on his lawn he'd be a tad put out. Maybe I should dump my rubbiss over the fence, would that be fair? If people own cats why shouldn't they be required to keep them contained (okay preferably in a sealed container, but that exposes my bias )?

Cheers,
    silkwood

And you want an argument from moi?? :confused:

On another thread or two on not unrelated topics, I have described how I use a handful of frozen peas to indicate that they aren't welcome.

Contrary to popular belief, they can be trained to leave very quickly. The first couple of times you may be left with the contents of the large intestine to hose off the lawn, but they get the message.

Full instructions can be found here:
    http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com...9&d=1120365881

All the best!

P

Wheres wongo when you need him.....

Hay I have solved the problem with the local cats, just add one large dog, problem solved one way or the other
    I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

My Other Toys

Quote Originally Posted by bitingmidge
    On another thread or two on not unrelated topics, I have described how I use a handful of frozen peas to indicate that they aren't welcome.
    Don'r recall the post, but I presume cats are like polar bears, in the they like frozen peas. To catch a polar bear, you cut a hole in the ice & sprinkle peas around it. When the bear comes up for a pea, you kick it in the icehole.
    Visit my website
    Website
    Facebook

Yes I am good. I always manage to make it like an accident.
    Visit my website at www.myFineWoodWork.com

South Oz, the big smokey bit in the middle

Quote Originally Posted by Wongo
    Yes I am good. I always manage to make it like an accident.
    Honest Ossifer, I was just making a little stir fry when this cat leapt at the window, didn't realise the glass was open, went right through, fell into my shredder and somehow managed to flick the high speed button so the fur and guts went one way and chunks of meat fell into my wok. I was so stunned I didn't realise I was still cooking it when you turned up

Richard

Turpentine.

Spray bottle.

You work out the rest...

My neighbour is in general not a bad bloke but they have this cat that wanders around at night killing every thing it can get it's claws on so I had a little chat to him about this isn't right and I get back the usual answer " my cat won't do that" so I said if I catch it in my paddock getting into something I'll shoot it.
    I waited a couple of nights and when i saw the cat i called it over caught it and put it in a crate in the feed shed then I got out the spot light and rifle aimed up trhe paddock and let one go, 2 min later phone goes it's the neighbour concerned about his cat, I sais what cat. Then i peed myself laughing as he and his kids spent a couple of hours the next mornming searching the long grass in the general direction the spotty was pointing looking for their moggy.
    I got some filthy looks all day, then I let their cat out to go back home, it might have worked as the cat hasn't been out since, they asked me what I shot at and I said I must have missed and left it at that.

ss_11000 is offline You've got to risk it to get the biscuit

i find playing this game helps you calm down
    http://bobandmarksuck.com/games/Kitten_Cannon.swf
    S T I R L O

Hi All,
    I have been reliably told that a couple of Aspros or Solprim in a bowl of milk or a small tin of fish will releave them and you of your head ache for ever
    If in doubt panic

and isnt it amazing that greenpeace and all the other enviropeople dont give a rats about these filthy wildlife murdering killing machines.

Shoot the lot

If there meant to be around theyll evolve to shoot back

Quote Originally Posted by AlexS
    Don'r recall the post, but I presume cats are like polar bears, in the they like frozen peas. To catch a polar bear, you cut a hole in the ice & sprinkle peas around it. When the bear comes up for a pea, you kick it in the icehole.
    Best not to miss, eh? :eek:

If you know someone in the interstate trucking buisness, perhaps 'Tiddles' would like a one way trip to the RSPCA in another state? Aty least you wouldn't be contributing to the feral cat problem.

Default Cats

Contact your local council and ask them for a cat trap. It will only take a few trips to the pound to bail out kitty and after being relived of the excess weight in their wallets a few times that they might get the hint. or as suggested spray it with turps only while its still in the cage and it may never come back. Aspro doesn't work as there is no codine in it. Liquid codine is about the best for pesky things like that. Vet told me that. We don't have cat problems here as we have a dog, and the local brown snakes have taken care of the few problem cats that were in the street. Only concern is that they were in the enclosure the owner had bought to keep them out of harms way.
    Dave,
    hug the tree before you start the chainsaw.

As the Midge said make your own or purchase - only use Jaffas - frangible ammo - not marbles/steel balls/rocks.
    It is still legal in Qld to purchase slingshots - probably won't be for much longer as the feral junior hoodlums are using them to smash shop windows/car windows causing $1000's damage - [repeatedly]:mad::mad::mad::mad:
    Bob