Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Compressed air connectors leak

I'm a newby on the compressed air venture, and have just had my first (admittedly minor) disappointment.

I've found that the male connector on my newly made up 'main' hose leaks quite noticeably:confused:

On looking through the various fittings I have (all Nitto style), I found that there are two variants:

1) has cheap-n-nasty appearance, more rounded ramp that clicks into female connector, flat lip on the end that clicks in, and doesn't leak.

2) has better finished appearance, flat taper that clicks into female, slight step inside lip on end that clicks in, and some of these leak.

So I'm wondering should there be something in that lip?
    How important is it to stick to one BRAND of connector (not just one style)?
    Is there anything I can do to fix this leaking? If I wiggle the hose about, the leak is quite obvious. I've tried various combinations of male and female connector combinations, and the problem seems to just be with some of these male variant-2 ones.

Cheers,
    Andrew

Andrew
    What a coincedence as I found this annoying fact just last night.

Previously I purchased all "Nitto" fittings from Supercheap, but a I was over at Bunnies on Sunday and I needed a female with 1/4" male thread, I purchased a set of Trade Air "Nitto" fittings (3male, 2 female). The %%cking things aren't compatible :mad: :mad: :mad: Not happy JAN.

I supposed I take em back but still a PITA.

You'd think that a Nitto is a Nitto who ever copies it!

I found that the one-hand "Champion" SuperCheap connectors are heaps nicer than the "Trade-Air" two-handed-operation ones from Bunnings, so I'm standardising on them.

Also, a lot of sites say to use a Loctite sealant, rather than Teflon tape, and that's fixed a lot of my thread leaks.

Finally, I superglued O-rings into the lips machined into the problematic male couplers, and that fixed them.

But, I'm older and wiser now!

Cheers,
    Andrew