Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Help Floor Joists-Stupid mistake made

Hi I badly need advice as I have a feeling we have just had a major stuff up . Have lifted the house and building under plans for 3 beds etc.
    All the bearers are in and spent last weekend doing the joists. What we have done is as we were putting them in the steel posts holding up the house were in the way so dumb dumb dumb we altered the 450 span to 470 give or take to get the joist away from the post not thinking that is where the internal walls will be. So then we would go back to 450 spacing and when we encounterd another post the same thing would happen. My big concern is have we now totally stuffed up measurements and when we start the framing are we going to be out with where the joists are for attatching the wall plates or will it not matter too much. Or are we going to now have to measure and mark and add more joists for the walls. We are putting particle board down on top so the only thing I was wondering is as the walls are not load bearing will it matter that we have altered the spacing slightly .
    I think we will have to put that one down to a really bad blonde day.

If they're non-loadbearing then it doesn't matter, I like to add a few noggins between joists that are parallel to walls for better fixing of bottom plates.

I take it you're doing a platform floor, that is laying the complete floor and walls on top.

Default Thanks

Thanks so much I was really worried there for awhile. Yes its just putting the walls straight on top.
    I really really appreciate your reply many thanks

no problem panto, except...

looking back through your posts I see you have sinned somewhat, raising a house from the grave is always an uplifting experience the many can benefit from, perhaps you can enlighten us with some pics showing the way to the promised land