Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  3
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Thread: Snowflake

Default Snowflake

Well...winter has finally arrived to FNQ
    Last week we enjoyed a humid burst of tropical storms
    50mm - 100mm locally in the rain gauge...lovely!
    Everything is as green as a cabbage
    Hot days (30*+) and balmy nights
    Shorts and singlet the preffered attire
    However...last night i had to rug up
    Yep,the temp dropped down to 10*
    And today the forecast maximum is a brisk 28*
    Bloody hell...my back aches at the thought !
    You southerners must be a hardy lot
    Made of the tuff stuff
    Really don't know how you cope living in a freezer for 3 months
    I take my beany off to you all
    Anyway it's time for me to get outta bed and find a sunny spot in the yard so I can thaw out a tad
    Snowflake much
    Log Dog

It's been relatively cool here in the mornings in Perth too but I love this weather because i an go for longer walks with the dogs without sweating.

Here are the last few days Mins and Max's
    Screen Shot 2022-06-11 at 6.56.39 am.png

Despite this I have continued to wear (Yakka) shorts when walking the dogs around 7am which is often when it's usually coldest.
    I have continuous slight swollen hot ankles and knees so love getting them cold.

Yesterday morning it was veritably broiling (11.7) and was the first time I wore long daks in teh morning this year because I had to go to a meeting.

As ell as shorts I usually wear a T-shirt, fleece jacket, or waterproof if its raining. My main problem is shoes. My good leather walkers/trainers got soaked on Wednesday and I walked in my Blundstones on Thursday and yesterday. They have orthotic supports an are great around teh she but theyr'e no good for walking longer distances - now my feet are sore an my shoes are still wet. I have put them into the food dehydrator on 35º

We don't heat our house at all in winter unless the grandies or mum come over. When they leave we open the doors an windows up to cool off.

Around the house if it gets cold I put on a thicker jumper or change the T-short for a flannel shirt. We did change the thin doona for the thick one last week. Everyone else's heated house seems stuffy to me. I actually enjoy getting as col as possible before that summer heat sets in.

On hot summer ays we run up to 4 split system air cons (lucky we have solar) to keep the house cool. We should probably be living in Tassie