Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Move over Nigeria

It looks as though Nigeria has competition for scam letters.

I just received the attached in the post today from Spain!!!
    Burn
    When all points of view have equal time The chatter of idiots will drown out the wise

So weve reverted back to snail mail to give it authority? But its got a stamp signor! A stamp!
    Cheers,

Adam

------------------------------------------

I can cure you of your Sinistrophobia

Go to 419 eater's website and have a good read - then reply to their letter and see if you can have as much fun!

Quote Originally Posted by LineLefty
    So weve reverted back to snail mail to give it authority? But its got a stamp signor! A stamp!
    It even cost them 78 euros to post! So, at least the cost is on their side ... I just get a laugh!
    Burn
    When all points of view have equal time The chatter of idiots will drown out the wise

Quote Originally Posted by burn
    It even cost them 78 euros to post! !
    Thats an extremely expensive letter, Burn
    Bodgy
    "Is it not enough simply to be able to appreciate the beauty of the garden without it being necessary to believe that there are faeries at the bottom of it? " Douglas Adams

I got it wrong - shows you how often I get letters from Europe. The stamp has

**0,78 E

I assume , means decimal so, it must be .78 euros which is still a lot AUD1.40 or there abouts.

Oh, I love the 'form' and authority to fill in ..... even my 13 year old son thought it dodgy.

Just noticed they got my lastname spelt incorrectly (one the envelope) ... will have to see what Australian mailing list I'm on who also spells it that way and then I'll know who sold it!
    Burn

Just noticed they got my lastname spelt incorrectly (one the envelope) ... will have to see what Australian mailing list I'm on who also spells it that way and then I'll know who sold it!
    How do you find out what mailing list you are on, I'd like to know so I can drop in on the buggers if I'm ever in the vicinity.
    Cheers,
    Clinton

"Use your third eye" - Watson

http://www.flickr.com/photos/clinton_findlay/

You don't find out directly. All you can do is note who mails stuff with the name spelt the same way and track back (if you can) from there.

I believe there are sites where you can register your name to NOT have junk mail sent, but that's only for people who adhere to the local industry code. Not sure where you do this, but a search on the net would help.

Burn
    Burn

Smile They're homing in!

Sent: Wednesday, 30 November 2005 6:08 PM
    Subject: Thank you very much.

Dear friend,

I am Mr. James Egobia

I represent ALPHA Import and Export Company based in Australia. My company exports Bessey Clamps and other tools/services for world trade. We are searching for representatives who can help us establish a medium of getting to our customers in Europe and America as well as making payments through you as our payment officer. It is upon this note that we seek your assistance to stand as our representative in your country.

Note that, as our representative, you will receive 10% of whatever amount you clear for the company and the balance will be paid into an account we will avail to you. Please, to facilitate the conclusion of this the
    following: information’s

(1) Full names and age
    (2) Contact address
    (3) Personal Phone/fax numbers
    (4) Company name

Thank you for your time

Very Respectfully,

James Egobia
    President,ALPHA Import/Export co.
    Freight Fwdg. Svcs.
    ============
    (ok, I modded it just a bit)

Drop Bear Capital of Gippsland (Lang Lang) Vic Australia

I reckon that half of NIgeria has emailed me with a scam, just the name rank and amount varies, butn it is usually General Bongo or Mrs Gumbo whose late husband Colonel ???? has secreted away many million $$$$$.
    Or I've won a Swedish, Irish or Pommy lottery.
    And a Canadian one, nearly forgot.
    Stupidity kills. Absolute stupidity kills absolutely.

It's been posted before, but why not turn them round and have a bit of fun??

http://www.ebolamonkeyman.com/

Cheers,

P