Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Shelf Life of UBeaut

Can anybody tell me the shelf life of the ubeaut de- waxed white shellac. I know it says 12 months on the bottle but could it be longer
    Thanks
    Peter

When you buy it it should have a use by date sticker on it. If you buy from someone other than directly from Ubeaut and the sticker is not on it then it may be old stock and don't touch it.

Thanks Termite
    I bought it from timebcon and it has a date sticker on, just wanted to know if there was an allowable over run on the date before it is really unusable.

Drop Bear Capital of Gippsland (Lang Lang) Vic Australia

I had a similar issue with the same product, it's 6 months past it's use by date.
    After a quick conversation with Neil he said it should be good for 3 years but he puts 18 months on just to cover himself.
    The dealer in question was not aware of a use by date and has offered to change it so a pat on the back for WW Warehouse (who I have never had any problems with I might add, and are a wealth of information)
    Stupidity kills. Absolute stupidity kills absolutely.

We give the White Shellac 18 mth shelf life if it shows 12 mth on the bottle then it is 6 mth old already. Most products can extend their shelf life by around 100% unless they are perishables. We don't have to put a shelf life on our products and to my knowlege are the only ones game enough to do it. I feel in all honesty that it is better you the end user to know what you are buying and how old the product is rather than buying something without a date that could be way past it's real shelf life.

We usually recommend that the dated products be used before expiry date and in the case of our White Shellac and French Polish anything that is left past that date can be mixed with 8 parts metho to make sanding sealer that will last for years.

Whte Shellac and Hard White Shellac should be fine for up to 3 years but we won't guarantee any product after the expiry date. Don't expect French Polish to last too long past its expiry as it isn't any where near as highly refined a product as the white shellacs.

We use the white shellac as the base for our Shellawaxes and have some that are now 14 years old and still work perfectly, so that should give you an idea of the longevity of the white shellac that we use.

Hope this is of some help.

Cheers - Neil
    56 Rock n Roll rebel....... Too old to die young and too young to be an old fart. Guess I'll just keep on rockin' and refuse to grow old gracefully.

Are you a registered member? Why not? click here to register. It's free and only takes 37 seconds!

Excellent !! thanks a heap Neil