IMG_0512 copy.jpgIMG_0514 copy.jpgIMG_0515 copy.jpg
Hi all,

I live in the northern suburbs of Perth, and I am looking to enclose our Alfresco area, though would like some feedback on my options, costs etc.

The dimensions of the area are 4930 x 3850. At the lowest the height from the brickwork to the ceiling is 2220.

What I was looking at was perhaps enclosing the 4930 side with brickwork and a few windows, and installing a couple of french sliding doors for the 3850 side.
Where the sliding doors and windows are currently, I was thinking to install a couple of opening french doors and brick up around it, to replace the current windows.

I would love to hear any ideas on if this is suitable or if there are other options.

Some questions I have are:
1. Can I tile over the current brick flooring or do I need to have it concreted?
2. What can I do with the ceiling, to make it look like a regular ceiling, can I just plaster and paint it?
3. Who does what, can a brick layer complete the enclosure, or do I need to get a builder for the whole job?
4. Any recommendations on companies that do this kind of work?
5. What sort of costs am I looking at?
6. I would have a crack of doing parts of this myself, with come clear guidance of course

Any assistance would be appreciated , thanks all.
Attached Images

Read the full thread at RenovateForum.com...