Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Free to deserving home Small Combo machine and Small Bandsaw

Hey Guys
    My father in Perth (Northern burbs) is doing a clean up and I convinced him to pass-on a few items that would be better used in someone else's shed

1) Firstly there is an old (60's) Australian made (I believe) Ezycut combo machine

10" table saw (small table)
    4" buzzer (planer)
    horizontal borer/dowelling jig

It's a nice machine for someone just getting started has hasn't much room.

Pretty much comparable to a triton workcentre but has the advantage of being much quieter ... but smaller table

This is a well made heavy machine

The belts need to be swapped over depending on which component is being used

2) Small Bormac 360 Bandsaw, 3 wheel about 14"

This is not a resaw power machine with (about) 1/3hp motor hanging from it.

Bought new and little use, great for small boxes and stock under 30mm although I think it theoretically has about 100mm cut

I'm not looking for the first in best dressed scenario here ... put your case forward before the end of the w/e ... 8 Sept 2013

He'd really like to hand it on to someone who will a) use it and b)needs it to get started (rather than someone who just might find it handy .. for "that" component)

I'll give it til the end of next weekend to get responses so if you're sick of not being on-line when these things go relax this time you have a few days

Please feel free to "dob" in a deserving or just shy member

Would be happy is they went to different homes

One more thing we'd love it if you put some of your new work up on the forums ... I can then show him that the equipment is being used ... or at least PM us a pic

Cheers
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ramps

When one has finished building one's house, one suddenly realizes that in the process one has learned something that one really needed to know in the worst way--before one began.

Post Good Home!

I'd Love to give these tools (Bandsaw & Combo)a new home.
    They will both be used on a regular basis and it will aid me in setting up a functioning workshop.

Regards
    Stephen

Onya for doing things this way ramps.

The way I see acquisitive scum come out of these woodwork on these and similar deals is depressing at times.

Perhaps not in this case, but another criteria that could be used to put a stopper fair up the cloaca of the ghost dealers that haunt the marketplace is the extent of participation/contribution on/to {particular} forums.

What a fantastic idea Ramps. Im sure someone could nominate a young bloke that needs a help with gear. Thumbs up from me for the idea .
    When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep---not screeming, like the passengers in his car.

Default Good To Hear from you Stephen

Good To Hear from you Stephen ... interest noted
    Thanks Guys ...
    Yeah Bob ....Participation/content from users prob will come into the equation
    Ramps

When one has finished building one's house, one suddenly realizes that in the process one has learned something that one really needed to know in the worst way--before one began.

It's a good offer and suggestion Ramps - well done, and I hope it al goes to a worthy and appreciative home.

I'm not putting my hand up for them because I don't do enough woodwork yet to justify them, and it'll be at least 4-5 years before I can. In the meanwhile it's all house repairs, and tinkering on the salvaged gear I have until I get my shed approved and built.
    Then once the shed is done, it'll be hammer and tong getting the "hunny-do" jobs out of the way before I get into anything for myself.

I don't know what I'll do if I ever need to thin my shed... don't want to think about it.

Default Well done

Ramps,

That's a very nice and generous gesture on your part. It's comforting to see that there are still people out there who are willing to donate instead of trying to grab a $ out every little thing that falls into their hands,

Congrats on being a kind and genuine Aussie.
    Bob

Default An honest mob of forumites

Quote Originally Posted by desbromilow View Post

I'm not putting my hand up for them because I don't do enough woodwork yet to justify them, and it'll be at least 4-5 years before I can. In the meanwhile it's all house repairs, and tinkering on the salvaged gear I have until I get my shed approved and built.
    Then once the shed is done, it'll be hammer and tong getting the "hunny-do" jobs out of the way before I get into anything for myself.
    I know how all that feels ... wow, I'm glad I'm not in your shoes... it's hard enough finding "well priced" resources where I am ... materials cost a fortune where you are ... and yes then there's the list the length of my arm of things I have to make when the last plank of the decking is laid (en-suite at the moment) ... hence the signature

Hey all forumites
    It's a great feeling to know that we've had over 200 views and so many honest people waiting for the more deserving to come along ... don't be afraid to spread the word to those who would benefit.

Cheers Guys
    Ramps

Default Last Calls before the weekend

Any further interest

"Bids" close COB Sunday

..... if I was in politics, I could break this promise and get paid to do so! .... had enough of that Cr@p
    Ramps

Hi ramps what a great offer. I'd like to put my hand up for both machines if possible. I am moving into a shared workshop soon with a few young woodworkers and these would be a massive help. We are all pretty limited in the machinery department so any help is greatly appreciated. It would be great because it would benefit not only myself but at least 4 other woodworkers.

Regardless of who receives these machines it's a great example of passing it forward. Cheers. Spencer.

Default In the melting pot

Thanks Spencer
    I'll put you in the mix.
    What's the objective of this shared workshop?
    Ramps

Quote Originally Posted by Ramps View Post
    Thanks Spencer
    I'll put you in the mix.
    What's the objective of this shared workshop?
    My objective is to make beautiful hand made furniture and home wares from recycled, reclaimed or fsc certified timber. The rest of the gang have their own objectives and styles but we are also looking to collaborate often. Have a look at my instagram page Instagram if you like there's a few examples of what I'm trying to start full time. I want to make well made, long lasting furniture the norm, rather than the ikea "disposable" furniture crap.

I was gonna put my hand up for it, but it sounds like it will be better off going to Spencer.

Default Redbog

Good work Ramps. Be aware however, I was given the same machine when my Dad passed away. Ezycut used to be in Moorabbin, Vic., but like most Oz manufacturers, are long gone, and you can't get parts. Good jigger but!

Default Thanks Red Dog

Thanks for the warning Red Dog
    I figured as much as there aren't too many manufacturers in Australia for this kind of stuff

As long as the recipient doesn't come back to me asking for a refund if something breaks (and I say if because it seems pretty bulletproof)

"Auction" Closed, will confer with my father over next couple of days and let you know the "winner" of the auction

Cheers and thanks guys
    Ramps