Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  16
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default New Store Policy

In my local hardware store on the paint counter -

"Please note...
    NEW STORE POLICY
    Husbands/boyfriends must have a signed letter of permission when buying or choosing paint colours
    Thank You."

!5 years ago at my local builders the lass on the desk always asked if i had a note when i went in for paint.
    Cheers Fred

The difference between light and hard is that you can sleep with the light on.
    http://www.redbubble.com/people/fredsmi ... t_creative"

Updated 26 April 2010
    http://sites.google.com/site/pomfred/

rrich Guest

In another life I worked at Rockler.

One Saturday a gentleman comes in looking for a stain. I probably opened 6 or 7 stains, dip my finger in and spread the stain across a piece of Oak that we had laying about. After 20 minutes we had the stain colour narrowed down to two. I suggested that he look at the stain under the afternoon sun. He comes back into the store and buys the US version of an almost litre of the desired colour.

The next afternoon the gentleman is back with SWMBO. SWMBO says to me in a rather hissy voice, "We need to exchange this." as she slams the can down on the counter with the receipt. I said, "Not a problem. Just leave the stain here and pick out what you want." The gentleman looks at me and just shrugs.

Some time later, I'm checking out another customer and the woman comes up to the other cashier and I take the can of stain with receipt and tell the other cashier that this is an exchange. The other cashier, starts to process the transaction. He brings up yesterday's transaction, does the bar code read so that the cash register is happy and then picks up the new can of stain that the woman picked out. The cashier asks, "What was wrong?" The woman snaps, "We're exchanging the stain." The cashier asks again, "We need to know what is wrong so that we can deal with the product correctly." The woman, even more irritated, snaps, "It's the wrong colour." Not thinking clearly, the other cashier says, "But you're exchanging it for the same colour." The woman snatches the original can of stain, receipt and storms out of the store. The gentleman hesitated a few seconds and then without making a sound, mouthed the words, "Thank You".

For weeks afterword the joke in the store was, "It's the wrong colour."

What a paint in the neck
    Visit my website at www.myFineWoodWork.com