Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Post Combo Planer/ thicknesser

Well i suppose some of you will have seen this question come and go a few times.
    but what the hek lets do it again
    combo planer thicknesser for dressing 200x100 by 2 to 3mtr clean jarrah 4 years dry..
    What is any ones feeling on the Hammer a3-26 and the jet -260 and the PT-300 doing the job for me as wood butcher doing his own windows and door frames for my owner build house.
    i am going to build the doors and windows so there is some merrit in a machine that has a mortice option.. not that i cant buy one sepperate.
    for such big timbers i am concerned that these may not cut the mustard so to speak so maybe i need to look at the jet -310 or the hammer A3-31.
    I know there is bigger ,better and more EXPENSIVE machines but i am looking at one big job for this house and then its just there for fun and games once in a blue moon.
    would appreciate any and all thoughts and suggestions.
    Kind regards Stu

With large section of hard timber I'd go for the bigger machine - JET JPT-310, or preferably the JPT-310HH helical head version (otherwise you'll be spending a lot of time changing blades on a standard cutterhead.....).

The Hammer machines are nice, but they'd need to be for the extra price over the JET.