Hi all,

First time poster, long time follower.

My wife and I recently undertook a massive renovation (I will add some pics over the weekend) on a 3 bedroom Qld'er; adding a deck, extension for new kitchen, 2 x bathrooms and raising and slabbing underneath. Cost a bloody fortune, but we moved in Sep 11 after 3 months of madness and effort to get it over the line and liveable.

Essentially, what we have left to do is an assload of fiddley painting (including 32 old fashioned oirignal windows with about 8 panels in each that have been stripped back and have just had the undercoat put on before being whacked in) and landscaping of the garden generally.

We both work long hours and full time during the weeks and find it a struggle to get motivation or time over the weekend to take a chunk out of it. That, plus we've got a 5 month old puppy and a baby on the way in January 2013 (which isn't helping my wife's motivation as she is a bit crook/lethargic at the moment)

We've written lists and I started doing one room at a time just to "get it finished", but I can spend 4 hours on a weekend and still only just knock off 2 sets of windows!!!

Realistically, we've got probably 4-6 hours per weekend. Winter/rain also makes it pretty hard to

Any tips on how to stay motivated/organised/finish it off!?

Read the full thread at RenovateForum.com...