Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default The betting game

An Australian and a Kiwi happen to be sitting next to each other on a long cross-country flight. The Kiwi leans over to the Aussie and asks if he would like to play a fun game. Now this Aussie happens to be highly intelligent, as of course most of us are, but he is tired and just wants to take a nap, so he politely declines and rolls over to the window to catch a few winks.
    The Kiwi persists, saying that the game is really easy and a lot of fun. He explains how the game works. "I ask you a question, and if you don't know the answer, you pay me, and vice-versa." Again, the Aussie politely declines and tries to get some sleep. The Kiwi figures that since his opponent is from the other side of the Tasman he will easily win the match, so he makes another offer: "Okay, how about this: if you don't know the answer you pay me only $5, but if I don't know the answer, I will pay you $500."

This catches the Aussie's attention and, figuring that there will be no end to this torment unless he plays, he agrees to play the game. The Kiwi asks the first question. "What's the distance from the earth to the moon?" The Aussie doesn't say a word, reaches into his wallet, pulls out a five-dollar bill, and hands it to the Kiwi.

Now it's the Aussie's turn. He asks the Kiwi: "What goes up a hill with three legs, and comes back down with four?". The Kiwi looks at him with a puzzled look. He takes out his laptop computer and searches all his references. He taps into the air-phone with his modem and searches the Internet and even the Library of Congress. Frustrated, he sends e-mails to all his colleagues and friends, trying to get some help - all to no avail. After over an hour of searching for the answer he finally gives up. He wakes the Aussie and hands over his $500.

The Aussie politely takes the $500 and turns away to get back to sleep. The Kiwi, who cannot imagine what the answer is, is going nuts trying to figure it out. He wakes the Aussie again and asks: "Well, so what goes up a hill with three legs and comes back down with four?" The Aussie reaches into his wallet, hands the Kiwi $5, and goes back to sleep.
    Driver of the Forums
    Lord of the Manor of Upper Legover

V good Col...............

Cheers.............Sean

The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Was that $500 aussie dolloars or was it the slightly devalued new zealund dollar?
    I try and do new things twice.. the first time to see if I can do it.. the second time to see if I like it
    Kev