Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Looking for old bones

Ok a bit of a long shot but...bit strange I know but don't worry it's all right. Does anyone know where I could get old, lying in the paddock type, bleached grey/white sheep or cow rib bones from. I'm willing to travel a reasonable distance in Victoria.

No problem at all during droughts. Any farm will have them. It has been a little wet over the last 18 months. After your rusty barbed wire escapade I no longer find any request from you strange and I am looking forward to the project already.

Oh, wait a moment, you are not going to become a "pardoner" are you? Sheep and cow bones make excellent "holy relics."

Regards
    Paul
    Bushmiller;

"Power tends to corrupt. Absolute power corrupts, absolutely!"

I've gone out to my Mum & Dad's property, they have sheep, cattle & a metric shirtload of roos. What do you want, odd bones or whole skeletons?
    Cliff.
    If you find a post of mine that is missing a pic that you'd like to see, let me know & I'll see if I can find a copy.

Quote Originally Posted by Cliff Rogers View Post
    I've gone out to my Mum & Dad's property, they have sheep, cattle & a metric shirtload of roos. What do you want, odd bones or whole skeletons?

Sound like just the job to me, although I would suggest to save undue embarassment skelletons should remain in the closet.

Regards
    Paul
    Bushmiller;

"Power tends to corrupt. Absolute power corrupts, absolutely!"

Problem is that the scavengers spread them far & wide, crows, hawks, & pigs.
    Cliff.
    If you find a post of mine that is missing a pic that you'd like to see, let me know & I'll see if I can find a copy.

I'm thinking of making a better barbed wire canoe I imagine cow/bull rib bone sets would be the go for the majority of the build but Cliffs' mention of roo bones has got me stirred up a bit. I reckon I'd need say a couple or few at least of those old tea chest boxes full, you know?

Quote Originally Posted by springwater View Post
    I'm thinking of making a better barbed wire canoe I imagine cow/bull rib bone sets would be the go for the majority of the build but Cliffs' mention of roo bones has got me stirred up a bit. I reckon I'd need say a couple or few at least of those old tea chest boxes full, you know?
    Just out of curiosity, are you married?
    Cheers,
    Jim

Imagine the postage on a tea chest.
    Cliff.

Imagine the postage on a tea chest.
    Apparently $700 for 20kg in a 1m cube courtesy of Aust. Post, about the same by freight companies but they give you more weight allowance and the despatch bloke at work wants to punch my lights out but he doesn't know what he's dealing with and Cliff has to get the bones off his oldies and package 'em or I could go for a long drive, lifes so hard

Quote Originally Posted by jimbur View Post
    just out of curiosity, are you married?:d
    cheers,
    jim
    :d

Vague memory of hearing about "preparing" bones for use. Boiling or something. Remove the organic matter. Or maybe that is just of you get them from the butcher.
    anne-maria.
    T
    ea Lady

(White with none)
    Follow my little workshop/gallery on facebook. things of clay and wood.

Quote Originally Posted by tea lady View Post
    Vague memory of hearing about "preparing" bones for use. Boiling or something. Remove the organic matter. Or maybe that is just of you get them from the butcher.
    Yeah, might go and see waht the butcher says, I've got some vague memory of "medical" bones cleaned with some kind of bug which weren't maggots, lovely subject isn't it

Ants do the job just fine.
    Cliff.

Quote Originally Posted by springwater View Post
    Yeah, might go and see waht the butcher says, I've got some vague memory of "medical" bones cleaned with some kind of bug which weren't maggots, lovely subject isn't it
    And do post photos, so that we can move this to a password required sub-section.

I need a little more experience.