Default New construction

Hi

Here are some photos showing the progression of the construction of my deck.<O</O

This is following a request in another forum group (timber) where I was looking for some advice on how best to clean up the timber on my new deck before treating.<O

I hope I don’t appear too smug but I am pleased with the results todate.<O</O

I hadn’t planned to write any blurb to explain the photos. Hopefully they speak for themselves. I would be happy to answer any questions if others are contemplating a similar construction. There are a few things I would change but it’s not worth going into the detail unless required.

Hope you enjoy.

Regards
    <O

John<O

“wouldn’t be dead for quids”
    Last edited by marineman; 12th January 2005 at 08:35 AM. Reason: remove office marks

Default new construction cont'

further photos

Default new construction cont'

Last of the photos

I can include more detail but I don't want to overload the tread with too much unless it's warranted.

John

Hi John,

Looks great!! What sort of timber and finish did you use?
    :mad: If it won't fit....FORCE IT!!!!

Thanks Anthony

Timber is "Borneo Iron wood" thats what the timber yard sold it as. I don't know what else it might be called. Was a real bugger to put down as every hole (2500 of them) had to be pre drilled and countersunk before screwing. It's very dense, heavy wood, cuts a very pale color but soon goes a redish shade. I assume that its the iron oxidising.

I finnished with Intergrain Dimension 4 then DWD. this took forever and is very temperature and moisture sensitive prior to application.

regards

John

"wouldn't be dead for quids"