Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Professional counsel requested...

I have begun to paint a floor for a friend with an artistic flair and a desire to have something different in her dining room. On a particleboard floor measuring 4.6 x 3.0 metres the previous acrylic paint of unknown origin has swelled the fibrous particles and given it a weathered look, desired by the owner. I have sanded this with P60 in a hand float and applied, in effect, 3 coats of Dulux Weathershield acrylic low sheen in Indian Red. It's drying now and beginning to look rather elegant when I left it.

I wish to know from any professional finishers on here what is the best protectant to use next. Yes, yes, I do intend to let it all gas off-and-harden-up-and-no-one-is-to-walk-on-it-until-I-say-so but I am now out looking for a lacquer or similar hard-wearing floor finish. I have done this once before a long while ago and can't remember what I did to finish it off.

Now, I have been around long enough to know certain protocols in certain trades and I know I have already broken a couple of those protocols already but I am one to push the odd boundary or two to achieve something different. Typical advice over the counter is as expected which is why I'm asking here. Thanks go to well-wishers but that's not what I'm after, I want specifics if anyone has any to give; gas off rates, risks of clouding and chemical reactions between the coloured acrylic exterior low sheen and a harder solvent-based protectorant perhaps...

Thanks in advance.

How about some pics?
    Reality is no background music.
    Cheers John