Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Machinery transport

Hello,

I recently used an online shipping company, (PM me if you want to know the name of the company or one of the moderators might think it prudent to add their name here), to transport a woodworking machine from Sydney to Melbourne. I thought I should share that experience with you all.

What I didn't know at the time I booked the transport was that e-go do not provide any telephone contact numbers whatsoever. The only way you can contact them is via a web form. You can't even reply to the email they send you because it is a NO REPLY email address. To their credit all pre-sales inquiries were promptly answered.

When the person at the pickup end was getting snotty about having to wait around all day, there was no way to call anyone and they would not reply via email other than to say they were trying to find out when it would be picked up.

Detailed instructions to contact me BEFORE delivery so I could ensure the factory was attended were ignored. But the worst part was that I paid an extra $132.50 for a tailgate truck delivery, and they turned up with a flatliner. Fortunately we had a few burly blokes around at the time to manually unload it.

So far, requests for a refund (via there bloody web form) have gone unanswered. I'm not worried about the money because VCAT will sort it out.

This was my experience dealing with online booking. I will never use another firm that doesn't provide a contact number.

Cheers
    Last edited by Big Shed; 4th November 2010 at 04:47 PM. Reason: Moved, nothing to do with Market Place

Default E-Go

I used this company recently and had a good experience. I acknowledge that E-Go is an on-line company and there is no phone contact which was a bit frustrating at the time. However, their cartage rate for a bandsaw from Sydney to Melbourne was very, very good and the saw arrived in tip top condition on the date specified. If I have a complaint it would be that their cost loading to use a truck with a tailgate loader for the pick up in Sydney was excessive. I reckon that the $138 EXTRA was over the top, but then there was no-one to call and speak to about it.

I would use them again, and if at all possible use their depot to depot rate which is as cheap as chips.

Bob