Evening all,

I've been busy spraying shutters in my garage with my wagner 860E. Getting much better at the spraying. Even managed to get the undercoat run and splatter free.

Unfortunately, driving to work last Friday I noticed the front and rear glass on the Forester was a bit dirty. Turned on wipers and no improvement. Got to work and closer inspection revealed tiny specs of white paint over my subaru. Oil based undercoat.

I've built a spray booth in my garage with drop sheets, which leaves one end open and a 6" gap at the top. I thought this would be good enought but unfortunately not.

Anyway, appeared to come up with a finger nail, so assumed it could be polished off. Washed car, used clay bar, polish sections and no change. Ended up needing to rub it off with turps, but it took some serious time. Washed again, polished a looks good.

So, the message to all is that if you want to avoid this tedious process, cover your whole car or move it out. Anything in the garage has the potential to get spray on it.

Then I polished my other car, which also had spent some time in the garage with spraying. Fortunately, this had been covered so only had one small spot. Glad I've learned this lesson early on in my spray painting experience!!

Cheers,

Tom