Hi all. First time here and great forum. Not sure whether it is right place to post here but need some advice.

Here's my situation. By profession, I'm in the medical field (I'm a dentist). Now, there are definitely advantages to being what I am but there are also some bid drawbacks.

Advantages:
- there will always be work
- earnings are attractive
- helping people get out of pain
- 9-5 work hours

Drawbacks:
- very isolated (stuck in one room all day)
- can be stressful at times, especially working in small, tight spaces

One of the biggest drawbacks is that I am very isolated. I love working with my hands, but do not enjoy being stuck in one room all day. I like the idea of working together in a team to achieve a goal ............ so I was wondering what it would like to be in the buliding and construction trade?

For those in the industry, how would you advice me to step into the industry and have a feel of what it would be like, before plunging head on into it and finding out that it really wasn't what I thought it would be. At present, I'm 30 and own my own business, so I know what it is like to do hard work. I don't mind the physical aspect of trades ............... I prefer that to mental stress which as a dentist we are often subject to. I also feel as I am still relatively young, to change industries is not too late, but I also need to keep in mind the financial requirements of my family as well.

Any advice would be great. Thanks in advance.

Read the full thread at RenovateForum.com...