My wood framed window refurbishment is at the stage where I am ready to re install the glazing, so I went looking for something that might be better or easier than the traditional linseed oil putty. (I HATE silicone with a passion)

Cruising the 'net revealed this seemingly great product from Bostik.

Bostik - Catalogue

Because I live in W.A. so I rang Bostik Aust. and was informed that they don't sell it here, only in N.Z.

Not to be deterred, I emailed the N.Z. branch and explained the situation and offered to pay extra for postage & handling, and got this response,...(copy & pasted directly from the reply)....

Thankyou for your enquiry.
Unfortunatley we are unable to help you with your request.

Regards,

Alan Hicks
Export Sales
Technical Sales Representative

So, other than the discovery that you don't need to be able to use spellcheck, or know where the spacebar is, to work for Bostik, I also learned that perhaps 'Customer Relations' is a foreign concept in their organisation?

Now, the reason I went for this product in the first place is this,...

Bostik KWIKPAINT Glazing Putty

which basically says that Silicone is crap for glazing windows in wood frames. (I agree), however if you look at the Bostick Australia site under Glazing,...

Bostik - Trade And Construction Glazing

.....you get to learn all the virtues of Bostik Silicone Glazing products, and in particular that Zbond 616 is ,...quote "Ideal for weather seal between glass and aluminium, timber window glazing" end quote.

Is this a lack of communication between the R&D departments of Bostik in various countries, or is it just a case of ' don't worry about the truth, just tell the customers what they want to hear, or what we feel like telling them.

Anyway, enough of Bostik and their bullsh*t, I just want to get hold of some of the Kwikpaint stuff and try it, so I am wondering if there might be a Forum Member living in N.Z. who is wiling to buy a sausage of it and post it to Australia?
I am very happy to pay for the product, plus postage, and for the time & effort required, and it would be greatly appreciated ))

I used to buy a lot of Bostik products, but will look for alternatives, where possible, from now on.

Read and reply to the full thread at RenovateForum.com....