Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Gone from the shelves...

going on from the brand name post, I remembered a product I use to love as a kid, but cannot buy today as they have left the supermarket

chikadee's.... anyone remember these yummy chips (crisps for the english )

Are your favourite items gone but not forgotten? What were they?

Yep, it was a big fat paypacket, It had a staple through it and it was full of Real Money. I Really miss that!

Cheers
    Squizzy

"It is better to be ignorant and ask a stupid question than to be plain Stupid and not ask at all" {screamed by maths teacher in Year 8}

has anyone else noticed that you can't buy small packets of cheese and onion crisps ( chips to you lot ) in a lot of places now - you can buy the 100g packet but not the 50g.

I wish that you buy individual packets of crisps smaller than 50g ... 50g is too much for one person but I find it really hard to either hang on to half a packet for another day or lob half in the bin. Standard size of a packet of crisps in uk is smaller ( 30g?).

Anyone heading UK-wards I recommend nice and spicy flavour "nik naks" - they are the best snack food ever. Now those I wish you had on the shelves here.
    no-one said on their death bed I wish I spent more time in the office!

Thumbs up

Try the South African shop in your state for Nik Naks. The ones in Perth import them from South Africa.....my kids go ape about them!

What I miss is how easy it was to get an icecream at the corner shop or the servo. There was;

Choc Wedge
    DrumStick
    Twin Pole
    Giant Sandwich
    & a Little bucket of plain vanilla ice cream

I think I'm socially inadequate when I look in the freezer now , there's nothin in there I recognise and about 60 choices of what I don't recognise.:eek:

It used to be much simpler.

Cheers
    Squizzy

"It is better to be ignorant and ask a stupid question than to be plain Stupid and not ask at all" {screamed by maths teacher in Year 8}

Quote Originally Posted by vsquizz
    What I miss is how easy it was to get an icecream at the corner shop or the servo. There was;

Choc Wedge
    DrumStick
    Twin Pole
    Giant Sandwich
    & a Little bucket of plain vanilla ice cream

I think I'm socially inadequate when I look in the freezer now , there's nothin in there I recognise and about 60 choices of what I don't recognise.:eek:

It used to be much simpler.

Cheers
    I totally agree with you Look at the types of bread for gods sake:eek:
    Plausible deniability is the key to success

Quote Originally Posted by MarkV
    I totally agree with you Look at the types of bread for gods sake:eek:
    Nope, don't do that, bought SWMBO a bread machine .

The toothpaste and bog roll shelves are pretty daunting too. Just how much consumer choice crap do we really need for something to scrub crud off our fangs and off our bums??

Cheers
    Squizzy

Quote Originally Posted by vsquizz
    Nope, don't do that, bought SWMBO a bread machine .

The toothpaste and bog roll shelves are pretty daunting too. Just how much consumer choice crap do we really need for something to ??

Cheers
    If you dont want choice, go and live in Russia.
    Over there you have only the one thing to scrub crud off your fangs, and off our bum.

Al

I remember the song :

"Chickadees, chicka, chicka-chickadees they're chicken flavoured and crunchy..... Chicka-deeeee's !

I like all the breads available now - thank what ever god you hold dear that we have a multiculutral society that bought all its breads overe here.... remember when we were kids and your choices were simple : Buttercup white or brown. boring as bat$hit!!!
    Zed

Quote Originally Posted by jackiew
    nice and spicy flavour "nik naks"
    mmmmmmm
    They laughed when I said I was going to be a comedian. They're not laughing now.
    Bob Monkhouse

Got the Chikadee factory around the corner from me, not sure if this is the same place you are referring too. They have a shop in a shopping centre here but I havent been there in a few months so it might have closed.
    Brett

Only Robinson Crusoe could get everything done by Friday!

When I go to the supermarket I get confused by all the ingredients. I don't know whether to wash my hair with it or eat it.

Quote Originally Posted by silentC
    When I go to the supermarket I get confused by all the ingredients. I don't know whether to wash my hair with it or eat it.
    or wipe ya butt
    Squizzy

What about Choo Choo Bars?

These were aniseed flavoured lollies that were about 4" long and tasted great.

They came in a paper wrapper that had a graphic of a, guess what, choo choo train, on it.

They lasted for ages, and you got this seriously black tongue form eating them.

Don't know if you ever had them in WA.

Quote Originally Posted by craigb
    What about Choo Choo Bars?

These were aniseed flavoured lollies that were about 4" long and tasted great.

They came in a paper wrapper that had a graphic of a, guess what, choo choo train, on it.

They lasted for ages, and you got this seriously black tongue form eating them.

Don't know if you ever had them in WA.
    Remember them well - they were the best thrippence worth in the lolly shop, and guaranteed to pull out any loose teeth.
    Visit my website
    Website
    Facebook