Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Chocolate n Cheese

Been reading about the attempted take over of Cadbury Chocolates by Kraft.
    This like Vegemite could have consequences and ramifications although it could benefit those woman who have unusual cravings during pregnancy.

Imagine if you can Kraft does take over Cabdurys will we see such as

Cabdury's Old Gold and Blue Vein

Cadbury's Snack with your favourite Cheese instead of fruit flavours

Cadbury's Wasarby and nuts

Old Gold and Blue Vein - sounds good to me.

Too hot in the shed so I've been thinking of conspiracy theories. Why would they want to move into chocolate? Is it like the tobacco giants diversifying? What's behind it all I ask.
    Cheers
    Jim

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by jimbur View Post
    Old Gold and Blue Vein - sounds good to me.

Too hot in the shed so I've been thinking of conspiracy theories. Why would they want to move into chocolate? Is it like the tobacco giants diversifying? What's behind it all I ask.
    Cheers
    Jim

I definitely think you are onto something there jimbur.

Keep us posted on the results of any research.

Don't they make the 'paper' that holds the tea in tea-bags? The amount I drink could be making me paranoid.

I think its called diversification. They need strong ongoing cash flow because the financial burden of the tobacco claims could bring the company down. They are in a lot of brands, see Philip Morris. Here is a snippet

"Philip Morris is a tobacco company that has successfully diversified, and is now a producer of well-known brands of food and beer. (Its 2000 Annual Report noted that "Fifteen of our brands generated $1 billion or more in revenues last year: Marlboro, Kraft, Basic, Miller Lite, Virginia Slims, Parliament, L&M, Oscar Mayer, Post, Philip Morris, Maxwell House, Jacobs, Philadelphia, Merit and our newest addition, the Nabisco trademark."1) The Kraft Foods subsidiary acquired Nabisco Foods... and when you see Miller beer advertised, you're seeing a product of Philip Morris. Beer is also a highly-regulated product - the company is familiar with the challenges of dealing with state and Federal agencies that oversee its production and sale."
    "We must never become callous. When we experience the conflicts ever more deeply we are living in truth. The quiet conscience is an invention of the devil." - Albert Schweizer

My blog. http://theupanddownblog.blogspot.com

Scary Theorising

Kraft has become world dominator of easy and snack foods what better way to have the population all eating your product with special ingredients added from drug barons

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastiaan56 View Post
    I think its called diversification. They need strong ongoing cash flow because the financial burden of the tobacco claims could bring the company down. They are in a lot of brands, see Philip Morris. Here is a snippet

"Philip Morris is a tobacco company that has successfully diversified, and is now a producer of well-known brands of food and beer. (Its 2000 Annual Report noted that "Fifteen of our brands generated $1 billion or more in revenues last year: Marlboro, Kraft, Basic, Miller Lite, Virginia Slims, Parliament, L&M, Oscar Mayer, Post, Philip Morris, Maxwell House, Jacobs, Philadelphia, Merit and our newest addition, the Nabisco trademark."1) The Kraft Foods subsidiary acquired Nabisco Foods... and when you see Miller beer advertised, you're seeing a product of Philip Morris. Beer is also a highly-regulated product - the company is familiar with the challenges of dealing with state and Federal agencies that oversee its production and sale."

Scary.!!

Probably what they really mean is that tey know how to nobble Us politicians and use the Congrees to their advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by artme View Post
    Scary.!!

Probably what they really mean is that tey know how to nobble Us politicians and use the Congrees to their advantage.

Don't just stick to the US for business getting at politicians.
    cheers,
    Jim