Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Talon post hole digger

Hi I was searching the net and came accross this site. It said there was a post about a Talon post hole digger (I couldnt find it). I wanted to know are they as bad as a dealer of reputable machinery would generally suggest they are. Ideally I would love a Tanaka but there 1500-1600 with an auger. Where as I can get a Talon for 320-340 from Bunnings if they still have them. Does anyone know if they have heard of any faults that are common.

Kindest regards Anthony

Anthony, There is a search button for the forum in the bar below the username/notifications section at the top. I fed Talon into that and got 43 posts listed in the results. However the only one mentioning Post hole digger was your original post.

I suspect that your internet search engine might have picked up on things for 'Talon' rather than 'Talon Post Hole Digger', and led you here. Try a new internet search including the model number and Talon with both in double quotes " ". This might unearth some relevant hits.

Haven't had anything to do with Talon units in particular but a couple of years ago a variety of Chinese units hit the market and ebay and were plagued with gear box problems. Know of a few places that bought them for hire or to on sell and ended up with defective units. In fact had three different hire bokings for one long job cancelled because the hire units had expired prior to our commencing the hire. Got a Sthil from Coates in the end and had absolotely no hassles.

I know that soon after that hiccup the ebay listings were refering to revised gearboxes, so the issue may have been properly sorted, or might never have affected the Talon units.