Default WOODWORKING QUIZ for 17 July 04

Good Evening Friends,
    Before the folding rule with the brass extension for measuring inside measurements, there was a method used for the same thing.

Can you think of what that method was?

Respectfully,
    Ralph Jones Woodworking
    London, Ohio

Get a bit of string and cut it to the same size as the inside dimension of whatever you sre measuring, Then get your folding rule with the brass extension for measuring inside measurements and measure the bit of string on folding rule with the brass extension for measuring inside measurements.
    Bob Willson
    The term 'grammar nazi' was invented to make people, who don't know their grammar, feel OK about being uneducated.

Default WOODWORKING QUIZ ANSWER for 17 July 04

Good Evening Robert,
    The correct answer for the quiz is to take two thin pieces of wood and hold them in the center and slide then each way till they contact the surface of what is to be measured and while holding it firmly measure the length to arrive to the inside measurement of the object.

Respectfully,
    Ralph Jones Woodworking
    London, Ohio

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Jones
    Before the folding rule with the brass extension for measuring inside measurements, there was a method used for the same thing.
    Ralph - mate -

This may not entirely gel with you but I once went to a well known suit retailer/manufacturer in Sydney and the inside leg measurements were taken by a pillow biter. I'm not sure whether pillow biters have a brass extension, but I'm not keen to find out.

Regards
    Pete J