Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Thread: Thieves

Default Thieves

Seventy year old Martha woke her husband, seventy-five year old George from his nap on the sofa.

"There is a truck backed up to your shop and theives are loading up your tools." she told him in a frightened voice.

He immediately looked out the window, then phoned the police.

The police informed him that it was Saturday night and they were really busy but would have an officer over to his place as soon as one was available, probably in about half an hour. He was advised to stay inside the house with the doors locked until they got there.

He hung up the phone, waited about a minute and called back.

"This is the fellow that just called about the theives stealing his tools, don't hurry, I just shot them."

Three minutes later an ambulance and two police cars arrived and the burgulars were caught red-handed.

"What is going on here?" asked one of the officers, "We were informed that you had shot them."

"Yeah, and I was informed that nobody was available." Old George replied
    Brett

Only Robinson Crusoe could get everything done by Friday!

So true!

We had our house burgled and ransacked a year ago. It took four calls and three hours to get the reply "we will have someone come out tomorrow"

Thanks........
    Silence is golden and Duct tape is silver...

Yep. About 6 years ago my place was robbed. Same story and when they did come out you'd think I had done it! I had to argue to get them to send out a fingerprinting person because the window they jemmied was covered in prints. Apparently not good enough to actually do anything about it ...
    I'm just a startled bunny in the headlights of life. L.J. Young.
    We live in a free country. We have freedom of choice. You can choose to agree with me, or you can choose to be wrong.
    Wait! No one told you your government was a sitcom?

We were robbed twice. Police came both times, but didn't seem very interested in finding the people responsible. They said all we'd need was the case number, and insurance would fix up the missing items.

Seems as though burglary is so common that they don't even bother with fingerprinting etc. We've now got a back-to-base alarm system with multiple sensors. No problems since it was installed.

I think the answer is to make your place less attractive to break into. Why tackle a house with an alarm when there are so many without one?

ajw