Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Speed of sound in a material

Quote Originally Posted by stolar View Post
    Thank you all for contributing, I think have found the answer I was looking for when I started this thread !

Particular thanks for the light hearted, off topic, diversions, that is one of the best things in this forum. Gentlemen, you know who you are, take a bow, you are an unsung treasure of this forum, one can always count on you to bring humour into any topic!

Finally, special big thank you to Steve, mate you have taught me a valuable lesson.
    Stolar why did you close the other thread off,

I just wanted to make sure that an agreeance was reached, are we now agreeing that speed of sound is different dependant on the angles its pumped into the material, I ask becuase you said prove it, so when I went to provide proof you had already closed the thread off. if we are in agreeance, excellent... Merry Christmas

Since I went to the trouble of actually taking photos for the disagreement. here they are
    Photo 1 a block with ruler

photo 2, note the velocity reading of the sound wave and the angle the sound wave is put into the material

Photo 3
    Different angle with a different sound velocity reading, hence sound dependant on how it is introdiced into the material will travel at different speeds

Other thread was closed by Admin not Stolar.

As Stolar indicated in his last post in that thread, he has his answer.

Quote Originally Posted by stolar View Post
    Thank you all for contributing, I think have found the answer I was looking for when I started this thread !

Particular thanks for the light hearted, off topic, diversions, that is one of the best things in this forum. Gentlemen, you know who you are, take a bow, you are an unsung treasure of this forum, one can always count on you to bring humour into any topic!

Finally, special big thank you to Steve, mate you have taught me a valuable lesson.

NOTE: Just in case anyone has any doubts, this is quite sincere and genuine.
    This thread is closed as well.
    Cheers

DJ

ADMIN