Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Emergency

Exclamation Emergency

If you were injured and not able to communicate or if you were killed and had no identification on you apart from your mobile phone, how would emergency teams(ie, police, ambulance or the fire dep) know who to call? After 9/11 I.C.E. started which stands for In Case of Emergency. In your mobile phone have 3 contacts listed as "ICE 1 and their name", "ICE 2 and their name" and "ICE 3 and their name". This way the emergency crew can see who to contach rather than be faced with a HEAP of names as most of us have in the address book of our phones. Please spread this and reply to it to keep it at the top of the list for a while so as many people as possible can see it before it gets lost in all of the posts.

Fair enough, but theres no need to post this in every forum! :mad: And annouy everyone with it... Needless to say, i've deleted all but this thread.

Oh, and there are other ways to keep a thread at the top of the list.....

If I was dead I would want them to call my mobile phone company to disconnect my account immediately. Why pay more than I needed to.

I can guarantee you that people are more likely to have their wallets then their mobile phone.

Ok wouldn’t it be better to have a list of phone numbers together with your identity in your wallet.

as one who responds to emergency calls daily, i can assure you that if you are dying, the last thing i would be doing is scrolling though your cell phone.
    -Ryan

may be a good idea if you misplace your phone though.

there's no school like the old school.

This is from another one of those pass it on to 100 people type emails that no one seems to be able to delete without passing on. ISP's are making a fortune out of it. Can't say as I have ever relied on info in a phone for a persons ID. Could be anyones phone.
    Is there anything easier done than said?
    - Stacky. The bottom pub, Cobram.

I think it would be far more useful to do as I have: On my arm I have tatooed my name and "if found please return to......." Also on my back I have tattoed "if found face down, please pick up and place back into bar stool" I've also hears that microchipping is very effective at returning lost pets.... sorry, loved ones

Mick
    "If you need a machine today and don't buy it,

tomorrow you will have paid for it and not have it."

- Henry Ford 1938

Quote Originally Posted by ryanarcher
    as one who responds to emergency calls daily, i can assure you that if you are dying, the last thing i would be doing is scrolling though your cell phone.
    -Ryan

may be a good idea if you misplace your phone though.
    Ditto.

Wallets are far more gooder I reckon.
    Boring signature time again!

A full discussion of this proposal is here, for those who are interested. Seeing as I don't even have a mobile phone, I don't know what I'm doing here.
    Those are my principles, and if you don't like them . . . well, I have others.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodworker101
    If you were injured and not able to communicate or if you were killed and had no identification on you apart from your mobile phone, how would emergency teams(ie, police, ambulance or the fire dep) know who to call? After 9/11 I.C.E. started which stands for In Case of Emergency. In your mobile phone have 3 contacts listed as "ICE 1 and their name", "ICE 2 and their name" and "ICE 3 and their name". This way the emergency crew can see who to contach rather than be faced with a HEAP of names as most of us have in the address book of our phones. Please spread this and reply to it to keep it at the top of the list for a while so as many people as possible can see it before it gets lost in all of the posts.
    When I was a postie on the road every day I purposely didn't carry ID so the EMS had to work hard to find the N.O.K or contact phone #'s.

I figured I'm dead, my NOK don't know I'm dead so there's no hurry. The cops can also get off their bums & do some work for a change!
    Cheers

Major Panic

Quote Originally Posted by DanP
    This is from another one of those pass it on to 100 people type emails that no one seems to be able to delete without passing on. ISP's are making a fortune out of it. Can't say as I have ever relied on info in a phone for a persons ID. Could be anyones phone.
    Sounds suspiciously like one of the ploys used by spammers to harvest email addresses.....get a chain mail going which people blindly forward along with headers full lovely active email addresses. Eventually the mail falls into the hands of a spammer and bang all the addresses get bunged on a CD and sold off to other spammers.
    Whatever note you blow youre never more than a semitone away from the correct one....(Miles Davis)

How on earth would this have helped anyone in the buildings on 9/11. They were finding small body parts not people with mobile phones.

Further, how will your next of kin help you? For mine I know that all they would do is panic or go into shock.

A stupid idea me thinks.

Oh and I forgot to add, if you scroll through my phone you'll find "Home", "work", "Dad" etc. If you cant work out who to call then your not too bright. Most phones would be the same I guess.

When I found a guys phone he left outside of court, I scrolled through and called his mum. Not hard.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwigeo
    Sounds suspiciously like one of the ploys used by spammers to harvest email addresses.....get a chain mail going which people blindly forward along with headers full lovely active email addresses. Eventually the mail falls into the hands of a spammer and bang all the addresses get bunged on a CD and sold off to other spammers.
    Telstra sent it out
    Cheers

Useful post Spamers will love it.
    If at first you don't succeed, give something else a go. Life is far too short to waste time trying.

I'm a paramedic in Qld, and I've not heard of this through official chanels, although several friends have sent it to me. I doult if any emergency service people will bother with it here in Oz.
    If it goes against the grain, it's being rubbed the wrong way!

wouldnt the obvious thing to do is check the drivers lisence?
    Regards, Bob Thomas

www.wombatsawmill.com