Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Review of Cafetorium at WWW Vic.

Just spent a few days at the Working With Wood Show in Victoria and I have numerous opinions about the food that I ate.

I've never wanted to be a food critic before.......but now I do.

Thursday: Purchased Mrs Mac's meat pie from cafetorium for 'round $4.00. Looks like has been stored in Bain Marie for far too long and has a burnt crust.

Friday: Very busy. No time for lunch. Retired starving at 1700hrs. Retired from life at 0200hrs...completely unwell. Must've been the last beer I had....

Saturday: "Supreme Pizza". I guess they called it 'Supreme' as it was as black as Diana Ross... (no - I'm not a racist). Made a fantastic replacement when the ute tyre packed it in. $5.20.

Sunday: C'mon Brendan....go for something healthier! Ham and salad on pita bread. Looks delicious! Costs $6.20 and tastes exorbitant! Yeah - it was OK. But $6???? Puh-lease. :mad:

OK. So I will now stick to selling machines instead of food reviews....

BTW - If Wongo ever opens a restaurant - GO! That guy is a great cook!

Back to machinery sales now.......
    Retired member

Hey Brendan............Next time byo

Cheers

Default Yeah we agree!!!!!!

Over the years that Jeff's shed's been going one thing you learn is that the Kiosk food is b&%%dy expensive and rubbish. Fortunately being Melbourne based, my good lady cut our lunches but coffees were a major expense, and of course a necessary, very necessary, imperitavely necessary, evil.

There has to be a better way???

The Woodworker.

I've only bought there once, any show since it has been bring your own, or stroll across to the food court at Crown. The shed food is real rubbish, and I have no intention of eating something that is on a par with dog droppings.

John.

Back to my idea of a Ubeaut Forum stand, with a beer fridge and a pancake machine
    (and Gumby's addition of a stuffed monkey and a big stick!)
    "Clear, Ease Springs"
    www.Stu's Shed.com

Beachport, South Oz, the best little town on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart. View Post
    Back to my idea of a Ubeaut Forum stand, with a beer fridge and a pancake machine
    (and Gumby's addition of a stuffed monkey and a big stick!)
    I would think Neil and Pauline would really go for the Beer fridge, pancake machine thing provided you guys paid for it and manned it.
    As far as a stuffed monkey, we had one! It was named Zed, it had a glazed look all show and it had the personality of a stuffed toy for some reason......
    As for the big stick, dint need one, there was a big log there already, Christufferer!

The Cafetorium is for the brave of heart only, the only use for the "food" is to replace the soles of your shoes you wear out from walking around Jeffs Shed.

I had a nice coffee after I waited in line for 30 minutes, expensive though.

I grabbed KFC on the way home.

Al

Drop Bear Capital of Gippsland (Lang Lang) Vic Australia

As John said, a stroll across to Crown reveals a more rewarding menu at more realistic prices, even jump on a tram and go for a pub lunch in the city, cheaper again and probably quieter too.
    For those who come in from the country, a Zone 1 ticket ($4.40 for memory) will also get you to Lygon St or Sydney Rd and there are some magnificent cheap eateries along there.
    Stupidity kills. Absolute stupidity kills absolutely.

Smile To eat or not to eat

Quote Originally Posted by Iain View Post
    For those who come in from the country, a Zone 1 ticket ($4.40 for memory) will also get you to Lygon St or Sydney Rd and there are some magnificent cheap eateries along there.
    But did the country folk come to the city for the wood show or the culinary delites. Rule 1 of a wood show attendee, don't leave until you have run out of money or can't carry anymore. You can eat anytime but can't go to a wood show every day.
    John H
    Why do I never seem to cut "too long"?

If yer lugging a heap of heavy and/or costly goodies around with you its even difficult to go across the road to all the good eateries.
    Regards, Bob Thomas

www.wombatsawmill.com

Drop Bear Capital of Gippsland (Lang Lang) Vic Australia

I thought they had a secure pick up service.
    Stupidity kills. Absolute stupidity kills absolutely.

In Sinney they have Quite a bit of competition from the food vendore at Fox Studios, and the staff will stamp you with a 'passout' if you ask. I'm guessing that someone in Melbourne needs to give the organisers & venue people a bit of a poke - maybe appeal to their pride as Melbournians.

Quote Originally Posted by bsrlee View Post
    In Sinney they have Quite a bit of competition from the food vendore at Fox Studios, and the staff will stamp you with a 'passout' if you ask. I'm guessing that someone in Melbourne needs to give the organisers & venue people a bit of a poke - maybe appeal to their pride as Melbournians.
    Melbourne also offer passouts and if you are parked underneath it is pretty easy to toss your purchases into the boot, head off for lunch if you wish or just go back to the show. I've usually gone to the wood show alone but go to something else most years with three mates, and for years we would toss in the thermos and a few sanga's and head down for a bite at lunchtime. First year at Jeffs shed we tried the food and after that it was a case of never again. The shed runs OK and I have attended seminars in the conference areas at which the food is a reasonable standard, it is only within the exhibition space that you get provided with expensive rubbish.

Quote Originally Posted by johnc View Post
    Melbourne also offer passouts and if you are parked underneath it is pretty easy to toss your purchases into the boot, head off for lunch if you wish or just go back to the show. I've usually gone to the wood show alone but go to something else most years with three mates, and for years we would toss in the thermos and a few sanga's and head down for a bite at lunchtime. First year at Jeffs shed we tried the food and after that it was a case of never again. The shed runs OK and I have attended seminars in the conference areas at which the food is a reasonable standard, it is only within the exhibition space that you get provided with expensive rubbish.
    I won't leave my goodies in a carpark on the back of a ute.
    Regards, Bob Thomas

www.wombatsawmill.com

Quote Originally Posted by Iain View Post
    I thought they had a secure pick up service.
    Do they?

Haven't seen that mentioned before.
    Regards, Bob Thomas

www.wombatsawmill.com