Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Speeding fine

Flow if I didnt do it I would gladly go to court over the epa issue. Thanks for the apology ross. Thanks JMK, Like dan said less than 1% get booked by police for less than 9ks over, I can honestly say that in the last 8 and half years I have never given a ticket for less than 9, there are too many fish in the barrel 18 plus and alot in the 25, 35, 45 and 55 over. Big speeds that do kill, my last fatal was a twenty something girl doing a right hand turn legally, didnt see or could be expected to see two idiots doing about 140 in the 80 zone, one of which t boned her and pushed her car 85metres up the road. Poor girl didnt stand a chance, so yes speed does kill as we all know, anything 40kmh or over in a t-bone collision is life threatening.
    I like everyone else do speed and dont agree with how the cameras are used down here, but hey what do you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Rossluck
    I want to apologise to any police officers who may have been offended by anything I’ve written here. I know you have a tough job and I didn’t mean to unite you all under the “revenue collecting” tag.

No apology needed. Thick skins and debate is good for all

Default vic bitter

Victoria has funny speeding laws , or have they changed.

A friend was busted doing 119km in 90 zone whilst towing a speedboat, in nsw last i remember you can't do more than 90km with trailers attached.

If he was done in nsw, he would have gotten a lot bigger fine than he did and possible lost his licence.... WHAT GIVES.:eek:

HJ0 Cheers

They are probably better drivers?
    If you can do it - Do it! If you can't do it - Try it!
    Do both well!

in nsw last i remember you can't do more than 90km with trailers attached
    That's a new one on me. Anyone confirm or deny?
    "I don't practice what I preach because I'm not the kind of person I'm preaching to."

Quote Originally Posted by silentC
    "There is no specific speed restriction while towing a trailer. However, the posted speed limits must not be exceeded.Always drive to the road,traffic and weather conditions. "

Source RTA

HH.
    Always look on the bright side...

My dad (Senior Physics Teacher) always used to say "Speeding does not kill....Its the sudden stop that does it".

Anyway, I've been in a situation similar to Ross's where I was driving a 12t truck loaded with beehives. I came round a corner to see a lower speed zone sign and instead of hitting the brakes and potentially causing the load (8ton of live bees) to shift I slowly used the exhaust brakes. Fortunately there was no police to book me but the situation does exist. Especially in SE QLD there are some mongrel roads where you can come around a corner not having any idea what may be there.
    Have a nice day - Cheers

Default 3 Hits

Vehicle hitting into object, Head hitting dash etc, brain hitting inside of skull. Think Theres a 4th hit if your riding a motorcycle, or just plain unlucky.:eek:

HJ0 Cheers

No trailer speed restrictions in nsw, so i'm wrong.

RTA says that law was changed 7-8 years ago, that was about the time i was in VIC.

HJO Cheers Think i need retesting

South Oz, the big smokey bit in the middle

Quote Originally Posted by HJ0
    Think i need retesting
    Why? Scared you're not human? Doesn't bother Zed

Richard

Just back in the office from the weekly 900k round trip north, and went through a beauty.

South of Gympie in a well patrolled and camera'd area, I came across a well signed temporary roadworks area with a sign which said 60kph. Mowing next two kilometres.

There was an 80 slow down area, and about a k into the zone the tractor slashing team were at work at least 40 metres from the road, there was no derestriction sign, and I was in a line of traffic travelling at a slowly increasing speed, of course mumbling again about this thread, and how the prickles never put an end sign on the zone.

About five k's later went through the camera "trap", probably not travelling fast enough to get booked, but over 60. About a hundred yards later, the end 60 sign! So now 2 k can be as far as 6 apparently!

And some don't think this is revenue raising? (NOTE: this is an area with a high fatal accident record, and is pretty much patrolled full time, I just can't see the circumstances above helping in any way to reduce that!)

Cheers,

P

Ahh, stop ya sooking. At least until you get a ticket, anyway
    "I don't practice what I preach because I'm not the kind of person I'm preaching to."

Ahh, stop ya sooking. At least until you get a ticket, anyway
    Don't reckon I will, and if you go back to my first post, you'll see my very clear philosophy on that.

If I didn't see the thing while I was going 70 clicks or so, I deserve it. (I was concentrating on the flipping big truck thing in front wondering why his exhaust brakes werent working ! )

Cheers,

P

if you go back to my first post
    We're on page 7 now, you can't expect me to remember back that far! And I can't be bothered to look. What's your stance again, are you for us or agin us? Hang on, I'll just get the nukes ready. Now, what's your answer?

Quote Originally Posted by bitingmidge
    Just back in the office from the weekly 900k round trip north, and went through a beauty.

South of Gympie in a well patrolled and camera'd area, I came across a well signed temporary roadworks area with a sign which said 60kph. Mowing next two kilometres.

There was an 80 slow down area, and about a k into the zone the tractor slashing team were at work at least 40 metres from the road, there was no derestriction sign, and I was in a line of traffic travelling at a slowly increasing speed, of course mumbling again about this thread, and how the prickles never put an end sign on the zone.

About five k's later went through the camera "trap", probably not travelling fast enough to get booked, but over 60. About a hundred yards later, the end 60 sign! So now 2 k can be as far as 6 apparently!

And some don't think this is revenue raising? (NOTE: this is an area with a high fatal accident record, and is pretty much patrolled full time, I just can't see the circumstances above helping in any way to reduce that!)

Cheers,

P
    "But, the philosophy of speed cameras is sound. That being to decrease the incidence of speeding and compliance with speed restrictions. The idea being that you will never know where one is so wont take the chance. The anticipated outcome being that the median speed of all traffic on that section of road being within guidelines.

This also is to take away the drivers own initiative, good or bad, of setting a limit they are comfortable with that may be outside what the road engineers consider safe.

Thus when bitingmidge sees the camera in a roadworks when no roadworks are currently being undertaken has nothing to do with that fact but the fact that there was a sign dictating the speed cars should be travelling at. Unfair at a personal level, reasonable when viewed within the initiative, that being that if I exceed the posted limit then I may get caught, even when I think the odds are in my favour. "

What he said

dazzler