Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

childish. so chiiiiiul dish.

Thank you sir, thank you.
    Cliff.
    If you find a post of mine that is missing a pic that you'd like to see, let me know & I'll see if I can find a copy.

Drop Bear Capital of Gippsland (Lang Lang) Vic Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Iain View Post
    i love horses their the best in the world beter than me(hehe
    Not guilty, bloody daughter got in and put this up, when she gets home there is going to be a bum kicking session, I looked at this and the time and realised it couldn't have been me, little sod
    Stupidity kills. Absolute stupidity kills absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Shed View Post
    Ding, I've finally stopped laughing long enough to give you a bit of sage advice.

DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES BUY A POMMIE CAR

Take this advice from someone who has owned 2 , yes TWO, Rovers (should have learned my lesson first time around!) ......

Buying a Pommie car is the equivalent of buying an orange thicknesser from, no I won't use the T word again, don't want to upset you

Ahhh... the Rover 820... brand new.... two engines later it stopped burning oil briefly - needed a third engine when it went out of the fleet E974FBL (pet name "Feeble"). Had a yellow tail (from the oil) like a lamb with the runs..... Preston is up the M1 I think. Does that help?
    1st in Woodwork (1961)

....there is going to be a bum kicking session, ......
    Don't stir up your dicky knee.
    Cliff.
    If you find a post of mine that is missing a pic that you'd like to see, let me know & I'll see if I can find a copy.

Not guilty, bloody daughter got in and put this up, when she gets home there is going to be a bum kicking session,
    A likely story.
    Cheers,

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Big Shed View Post
    DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES BUY A POMMIE CAR
    I have been in Australia since 1962 and the only English car I bought in all those years was a Morris 1100 in 1969. The British cars are great cars, yeah great, for someone else I must admit though, my father had a 2.4 Jaguar in 1957 and that was a great car but then again my dad had a habit of trading his cars in every couple of years so never really had it long enough to know how it stood up over time.
    Reality is no background music.
    Cheers John

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Dingo View Post
    3) Nissan Pathfinder
    Steer away from those things Ding! I drive one at work and a pothole at 100 klicks will have your undies a lovely rust colour! Handles like a bag of $hit!
    Updated 8th of February 2024

In spite of previous experience with a Rover, I sort of hanker after a V8 Discovery. With fuel prices the way they are, there are a lot of good used ones around for next to nothing. You know... perhaps we never learn.
    1st in Woodwork (1961)

Seems were on the same wave length Murray bit of a worry that eh?

Okay... on the news front... I got a

NEWS FLASH!!!

From her bloody highness tonight... after the debarkle of todays efforts (see my need help with a jig thread) was sorted an she had calmed down to at least a slow boil... it will take her a day or so to get over it... sheilas eh? Anyways I got the news flash as she wandered of to bed

"Ive been thinking..."
    "oh?"
    "Yes I think we should simply have a house built and be done... as we wouldnt have a mortguage and we would get the house we want without compromising... so your going to start looking at project homes again since if we go that way they will do the lot the ground work the pad the everything"
    "mmm yeah sure IF you want to stay stuck in this place for the next year or two while its being built"
    "Well thats what Ive been thinking"

and of she wandered to snoreland So I guess I will have to contact the agent in a few weeks (keep putting it off to give her time to settle) and get it delisted... in the meantime I start getting seriously phissed of with project homes salespeople... get the prices... get onto the shire to find out what they will require if we go on a pad instead of stumps

Oh and she cancelled my car "Youve got the effy" "yeah but shes a bitche" "AND YOUR POINT IS?" sigh Im gonna leave that one alone for a few months I think

BUT!!! I will continue to puruse the car yards and seek opinions and knowledge

Im presently down to the
    Ford ute
    Ford fairylane
    Landcruiser
    Nevara

I will (if she allows me that small freedom) take a run into town over the weekend and take a few test drives under the guise of getting "a suitcase for your trip" so it will take me a few hours!!! Lotsa suitcases out there darls!!
    Believe me there IS life beyond marriage!!! Relax breathe and smile learn to laugh again from the heart so it reaches the eyes!!

Hi Wild Dingo,

All of your problems with Preston P.O. (Vic) could have been
    overcome if you had called me, albeit 16 years ago, as
    I was the Postmaster there for my last six years before
    retirement.

Incidentally we occasionally received mail which was
    correctly addressed to Preston in England and therefore
    had to be sent on.

Best wishes,

Allan

I am not at all worried about dying
    ... but just hope I am not there at the time.

aaahh now mate some would say thats typical of me "16 years late and in another state without a damned date"

Nah its all sorta resolved now... Ive given up on getting one from Carbetex in fact Ive pretty much given up getting much of what I go up there intending to get since they never seem to have what Im travelling up there to get! Even though their cattledog says they have it

Ebay has it Im getting it from there and be done its getting so Im either going to have to find a more reliable source of things or Im just gonna have to stop bein so blasted lazy and start makin stuff for meself!!

Cheers
    Believe me there IS life beyond marriage!!! Relax breathe and smile learn to laugh again from the heart so it reaches the eyes!!